Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Sportbikes to V-Rod
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or seen a mounting bracket to relocate the V-Rod Muscle tag at the end of the fender just below the lights and above the tire, or something like that??? I just bought a new 2013 Muscle and love everything about it except for that air brake of a tag bracket sticking out to the side...

·
Registered
594 Posts
There's a few options...some cheap, some expensive, some look good, some don't.

I bought the Canadian/European rear plate bracket and sliced and diced until the look was "right".

·
Registered
594 Posts
A few pics of my modded International plate bracket. cost about $80.00 all together and a couple of hours effort.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Sell yours on the form. Buy the one in the above post. Harley part #
is 69523-09 As far as price, I was told around $70. -$80. cut off what you don't need and bolt it on.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
SCORCHED, How hard was it to mount the plate bracket under the rear fender? Any kind of plate light? Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
594 Posts
All the pieces in the photo are part of the international plate bracket.
I first removed the metal bracket from the assembly by drilling out the rivets that mounted the original metal bracket (in pic) to the plastic.
I Then used tin snips to trim down the plastic bracket until it fit how I wanted, finished the edges with sand appear and a block until smooth and hit the edges with a propane torch for a final smooth finish.
After it was "right", I riveted the original metal bracket back on at the top license plate mounting slots (3/16 rivet with a large backing washer) and bolted it to the original intended mounting area...I had to file out the mount holes in the bracket a bit to help with alignment.

For a light, I used a license plate bracket with LED plate lights in in. Its all very clean and tidy

Funny thing is, I actually spent 2 days on this project doing this 3 different ways, but the final version would have only taken about an hour to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
at first i did not like that but it looks better than having it off to the side
but i bought the bike because of the look and the rap around tail light.
a black plate would not stand out as bad. Here in TX we have the option of myplates they have black ones but they are ridiculous in price

·
Registered
201 Posts
All the pieces in the photo are part of the international plate bracket.
I first removed the metal bracket from the assembly by drilling out the rivets that mounted the original metal bracket (in pic) to the plastic.
I Then used tin snips to trim down the plastic bracket until it fit how I wanted, finished the edges with sand appear and a block until smooth and hit the edges with a propane torch for a final smooth finish.
After it was "right", I riveted the original metal bracket back on at the top license plate mounting slots (3/16 rivet with a large backing washer) and bolted it to the original intended mounting area...I had to file out the mount holes in the bracket a bit to help with alignment.

For a light, I used a license plate bracket with LED plate lights in in. Its all very clean and tidy

Funny thing is, I actually spent 2 days on this project doing this 3 different ways, but the final version would have only taken about an hour to do.
Scorched,

Your modifications to the international plate bracket look fantasitc! Doesn't the international bracket come with lights though too? Just curious if you tried to use those, or if you just went straight to the license plate bracket with LEDs in it? Great job, I hope to do the same if I get a Muscle :)

Buster

·
Registered
594 Posts
The original light on the international bracket is pretty big and would not have worked.
Here's a thread that talks a bit about it
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165348

I cut that area out along with most of the rest of the plastic bracket Basically, I used about 10% of the original international bracket but it was a very important 10%.

Some simply use the metal bracket from the international assembly only and rivet a plate to that. I wanted an OEM ABS plastic look and although a customized touch/part, I wanted it to appear original to the bike.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Scorched,

Your modifications to the international plate bracket look fantasitc! Doesn't the international bracket come with lights though too? Just curious if you tried to use those, or if you just went straight to the license plate bracket with LEDs in it? Great job, I hope to do the same if I get a Muscle :)

Buster
And WADDA ya mean IF you get one?
Stop putting it off and go get one, you can thank me later

·
Registered
201 Posts
And WADDA ya mean IF you get one?
Stop putting it off and go get one, you can thank me later
Scorched,

Thanks, lots of good info. I really like how you did yours since you used just enough of the plastic to make it look like the way HD "should" have done it from the factory. I will go your route if I get the Muscle

I still have to decide between the F and the DX, but I am leaning towards the F ;)

Thanks again,
Buster

1 - 20 of 52 Posts