Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

All I wanted to get mid controls on my Muscle with Akra exhaust....

I wanted the Rizoma one PE259B + PE261B => Discountinued !

Then I see It could fit with the Harley mid controls (very tight) the 50700013 + 42268-08A => Seems not available or discontinued....

I'm trying to fin the Colony VT 22-723...

The BadLands on cost a lot and it's not real Mid Controls...

Do you know if we can adapt an another mid control (in reality I love the Rizoma position one) with some work ?

If yes which one is the best to adapt..

Thanks for your help !

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Make sure you have your H-D dealer search the H-D.Net network - I've found lots of discontinued parts at individual dealers and even got some at big discounts because its dead inventory and they want to turn it into $. Just remember to do your research - I got a Bub 7 exhaust to fit my R model with some tweaking, the proper bracket off E bay and 16 hours of trial and error ( and precision drilling ) so anything is doable - Research, Research, Research, and then EXECUTE.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok ok just found the last HD mid controls in in all the HD network :D

Now it's time to play baby !!!

It was a treasure hunt ! Now have to choose my exhaust

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I just got my 2016 V-Rod Muscle 5 days ago. I need some clarification on what changing to “mid controls “ really does.

Is it moving just the foot pegs?
Does this include the shifter?
Rear brake lever?
How about the handlebars?

When I call dealers the parts guys really have no idea, and tbh, I don’t either. Please help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 2015 Muscle, and I just installed the mid controls to it, Harley in fact discontinued this kit but I was able to get a set from a dealer in Florida that had it in stock. It won’t fit the Muscle with the stock exhaust and passengers pegs, I have to relocate the pegs with the DX mountings and I also have Fitzgerald Ground Pounder exhaust. After you install the kit you have to take the bike to the dealer for them to bleed the rear brake, there is no other way to bleed it without being hooked up to their computer due to the ABS system. I love how it handles with the mids.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
The mid controls kit part # is 50700013, you will also need the brake line from the rear master cylinder to the ABS HCU part # 42285-08.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The passenger foot pegs brackets are from an AW, same as the DX but without the exhaust hanger, part # 51180-07 for the RH, and part # 51723-07 for the LH.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts