Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to find a mechanic (not a HD Dealer) that can install heads and throttle body on my 2003. It seems like the dealerships are not interested in installing aftermarket parts (Fitzgearld Heads and TB). I am looking for 2004 (or newer) American made heads (mine are French made and Fitzgearld's port guy thinks his CNC program gets the wall too thin near the water jacket). Thanks, L

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
It's not necessary to make multiple threads with the same post... One will do...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tbones - I am new to the site and did not know how users search. I appreciate the rules of the road tip. Thanks, L

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Yup, I understand, no big deal... It might help if you introduce yourself to the folks first before you start asking for help :)... There's lots of good folks here and some very good wrenches... Someone will be able to help you out :) I would but I live in Washington State so that doesn't help you out any :)...

·
boo
5,211 Posts
i live in DC, but i'm terrible with wrenches. usually take my bike to Ft Washington for service, have found them pretty good and fair.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scarecrow,

I appreciate the response. I will give them a call. Patriot HD doesn't seem to want to take on aftermarket modified heads. They will happily put on SE heads on (if I buy them there).

Thanks, L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts