Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Rod Jackets, two choices available...

2K views 55 replies 32 participants last post by  Max 
#1 ·
FYI
I was looking (lusting) at two jackets which I guess were sold in the past here, I wanted to get one to add to my collection, and I found the manufacturer it seems on ebay, at least for two really nice looking designs, one orange and black and one is the same white and black one I saw in a past thread...

I don't know if there is anyone else out there trolling for a super V-Rod jacket but I think I will be ordering the one I want tonight when I get home... These are very inexpensive too, at about $120US, the seller is in London...
Here's the link in case you too have been looking without results...

http://cgi.ebay.com/V-ROD-motorbike...7282850QQihZ008QQcategoryZ30222QQcmdZViewItem

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Just figures don't it Max?

#5 ·
Troy said:
Just figures don't it Max?
Troy they know the market exist and they aren't in the least concerned with Harleys legal department. Of course they aren't in the US or a country that does anything with copyrights so the only threat they have is ebay catching flak from the moco and making them take them down. Still it's kind of funny after you put all the designs together to see someone market them.

#7 ·
Ahhhh, that sucks, but what a damn cool jacket!

Max said:
It's funny to see the designs I made sold by someone else.
Woof...
I sort of was sure that had to be the same design, and I wondered also if this was the manufacturer who was used to make the first ones? I figured that the MOCO lawyers and all the sticky stuff was why the jackets vanished as they did, and I was suprised to see this on ebay when I just sort of took a chance...

I really want one of those white and black ones, and if I can get them to drop that "Hog Wildracing" from the orange one I want that one too at that price... Man, I would rather get stuff here when I can, but unless there is an alternative I guess I will spring for one to see how the quality is...

I better suck one down before MOCO leans on ebay and they vanish I guess...
If they are watching I doubt they can resist taking a swing at them...

#8 ·
o2man98 said:
They even use HogWild Racing on the jacket. sheeeesh
I am thankful they changed the sleeve from v-rodforums.com to just v-rod so at least Judy won't be sending me any nasty emails. :rofl:

#11 ·
luxlamf said:
Strange they didnt lift the Lonnie Jacket style........yet.
Here it is as a Yamaha jacket
Some of the design was preset, the location of the v-rod, the size of the v-rod and the location of patches and colors was all my work. I have on one of my machines all the original art work that went back and forth to verify that but again they aren't concerned and nothing I could about it anyway.

#12 ·
So Judy will bust Max for VrodForums.com and risk alienating HD customers, but the HD legal department will not push eBay or whomever else they need to in order to make those jackets go away:tmbsdow::tmbsdow::tmbsdow:

Things that make you go hmmmmmnnnnnnn!

#13 ·
Oh man. That is something else.

#14 ·
Diamond Lil said:
So Judy will bust Max for VrodForums.com and risk alienating HD customers, but the HD legal department will not push eBay or whomever else they need to in order to make those jackets go away:tmbsdow::tmbsdow::tmbsdow:

No Lil I'm sure that ebay will get a nasty letter about them as I have seen other counterfit Harley items removed from ebay.

#15 ·
rjrivero said:
Oh man. That is something else.
Actually it's a good deal for the members while they last. You figure the shipping and importing fees do apply on these jackets so you have import tarrifs to pay but still to your door it looks like about $200 including shipping and then your going to get a $20 import fee so that makes them about $30 cheaper then I was selling them for plus you save another $12 on shipping. It doesn't support the forum any but it is still a good deal. :)

#16 ·
Diamond Lil said:

I am astonished that MOCO does not actively support the V-Rod forums, the very customers who are proud of their bikes... It seems to me that Harley Davidson is in the dark ages as far as supporting their customers, some draconian policy being more important to them than supporting and fostering the loyalty of their customer base...

Trying to decide what is right I think that since MOCO does not have what I want I will get what I want elsewhere... I'm ordering the one tonight and if the Orange one can loose the Hog Wild stuff I want that one too... Now to put this in perspective, if MOCO had either of those jackets I'd snap one up in a heartbeat, and pay more... Give me narrow choices and I'll always consider the alternative...

One question though, is the manufacturer which was used on the first jackets that MAX did in London, is this the same factory and should not MAX at least get a small something from them if they were the ones who contracted to do the jackets? I used to do contract manufacturing for folks too and always had an honor bound understanding that anything I did custom for a client was never to be reproduced unless they agreed to have it so...

Inquiring minds want to know...

#17 ·
Max said:
No Lil I'm sure that ebay will get a nasty letter about them as I have seen other counterfit Harley items removed from ebay.
Ok. I feel better now. :)

#19 ·
Max said:
(Grin)... ...but hopefully before that happens I get my jacket(s) and perhaps if they are listening and watching here they might come to understand that there "is" a demand for V-Rod specific items, and there will be those who fill that space if MOCO will not... I think that both those jackets are outstanding and I for one would like to see some options for the V-Rod owners which are legit...

If the Revolution motor signals a new day for Harley Davidson then perhaps they might understand that draconian iron fisted brand control is stupid... Yes they need to protect their trademarks, and "YES" they also need to meet the needs of their customer base, and support their products better...

My two cents worth, but MOCO lost out on selling me two jackets today because there is not an alternative out there to choose... I don't want to just ride my V-Rod, rather I want to celebrate owning it...

#21 ·
If you see a Lonnie Style Jacket, let me know please.

VRay, are you coming to KC? I would be curious to compare the quality with the ones we already have.

#22 ·
:popcorn I liked the one Max came up with that was black and had the more subtle V Rod script on it in white. That one was nice. I wish there was a way to get one that Max could at least get a piece of it since he did all that work. It is simply amazing how the marketing world works.

#23 ·
capngeo said:
How's about anyone ordering one of the "fakes" send Max $30?????
:banghead: Volume discount?
...seriously though, I today dropped into a thread explaining about the donation button, and so while I am ordering the first jacket tonight I think I will also hit that green button and feel better about wearing that outstanding Jacket MAX made happen... Only seems fair somehow... This place has been sooooo good for me, and I owe MAX and 1130cc big time already...

#25 ·
Max - I still love mine and find this almost funny. Willie G. and Bill both commented how much they liked the design of the jacket when they signed it in Daytona. Someone from the MOCO took pictures when it was being signed (front, back and sides..... I noticed that these have the HD name on them, and when you go to the site they are selling from, they say the manufacturer is Harley.....Is it possible they are licensed?

#26 ·
There are lots of copies made in China on Ebay.

My brother just recieved one from a so called Australian Seller and it was dispatched from a Hotel in China...

I emailed him and asked if he had any other styles and he pointed me to this site http://www.speedbones.com/Harley_Davidson_1.html

All jackets can be bought for $250 Aud shipped.. thats around US $212 .

The quality is good and it has all the labels as per the original jackets. Hard to pick if not impossible from original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.