Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to your forum. Val suggested that I post over here. My husband and I both purchased V Rods last year. He loves his, but I have not been able to get comfortable with mine. After numerous reduced reach additions, I am still unable to love this bike. (love the power though) So, he will keep his, but mine must go. I am planning to post in your classified section. My husband has the 2004 two tone - smokey gold/black. He has done some additions already - chrome, leather bags, etc. My bike is much more customized - practically everything including custom paint. She's so gorgeous that I hate to sell her, but if I can't enjoy the ride, what's the use? I love to ride motorcycles not just look at them!
Johnnie
SCRC #89024

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome, sad to hear that you are not happy with the bike. Not sure how tall you are, but have you considered some seat modifications like Val has done? What is it about thew bike that you are uncomfortable about??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bbruce65 said:
Welcome, sad to hear that you are not happy with the bike. Not sure how tall you are, but have you considered some seat modifications like Val has done? What is it about thew bike that you are uncomfortable about??
I am actually 5'4", just not comfortable with forward controls. Have always ridden with regular controls. My legs kill me after just a few miles and I don't feel as in control of the bike as I do my other bikes. I have already installed reduced reach everything. Even tried the seat. My legs still hurt after 50 miles or so. Now, I think I have reached the point that I am psychologically(?) tuned out and ready to try another bike. Like I said, my husband would not take anything for his V Rod. Of course, he is 6'5". But, he just loves the power and handling of the bike. Thanks for replying.

·
Todd
482 Posts
:vrodforu: I am also a Ga resident. If ya'll are ever in Augusta let me know. :cheers:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Okie :plause: for a moment I was feeling bad but then I saw those great options. I hope it helps jjdville hate to see you lose your bike. :vrodforu:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts