Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Street Rod and am looking to upgrade my handlebars. I would like to have them a little closer. Are there pullback risers available? Are the bars on a 2008 Night Rod different? Do I have to swap my brake and clutch lines? I'm just looking for a simple option because my right elbow gets sore after riding. Anyone have any ideas or input? Thanks

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I think the popular option is the bars from the XL1200R. Do a search in the R forum ... you might start with this thread:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139306

You'll likely have to swap your brake line, although some people have reported having enough slack to make it work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I tried on a set off a 2008 Night rod. Yup, looks like I need to swap my front brake line. It looks like one brake line that splits into two. If that's the case, looks costly. Anybody know where to get a longer front brake line?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I ordered a brake line. Part # 44909-05. I was told that it would work. When I got it, I realized I had to rebend the lines because it didn't match up. I put it on but don't like the look because the braided lines to the calipers are too long and curl. I'm going to try out a set of XL1200 bars. I would rather just find a set of pullback risers, but the speedo bolts on to the bottom of the stock risers. What a pain in the ass!

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Yep PITA, I am in the process of moving my gauge into the DX headlight assembly I bought off a forum member. Once that is done I can play with different bars. The sporty bars seem the best route, use a piece of string to get your length, then order flex lines and some clamps to keep it tidy. Check out J&P Cycles catalog on line for ideas. I bought braided lines and billet clamps for my wifes bike from them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
handlebars

Hey guys, what's up...new to the site.
Was wondering if anybody has drag bars on a 2004... was interested in throwin them on my bike, and wanted to know if anyone has done it and had a picture of it to see first.
Thank you!

·
Registered
246 Posts
So I tried on a set off a 2008 Night rod. Yup, looks like I need to swap my front brake line. It looks like one brake line that splits into two. If that's the case, looks costly. Anybody know where to get a longer front brake line?
I did the swap from the stock bars on my '08 D to the DX bars. After the swap I realized how comfortable the D bars were. They also don't look like pullbacks, you'll be happy.

On the flip side the DX bars makes the bike feel more like an extension of myself, I get the feedback which I prefer, hard to describe.

·
Dean
775 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts