Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone. I started out reading posts here trying to see what was out there for fairings or windshields. Definitely not much choices, especially if you want to keep the sport look of the bike. I decided to try something a little different, wanted to get a little feedback from the community. I am preparing to send it to the painter to match the paint next week. I bought a Hayabusa upper fairing on Ebay, I wanted a headlight that had some flow with the fairing. Made a couple of aluminum mounts and cut up the stock fairing mount a bit. This assembly has excellent airflow over rider and gives the feel of riding in a cockpit since the seat height is lower than how you would sit on a sport bike in reference to fairing. Just thought I would throw it out here to get some feedback. Thanks

Attachments

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
Looks cool. Can you post a pic front the front looking at it ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a front shot if it will load up. Will post more after paint gets matched. Will also get a more head on shot posted. Yhanks for looking and the feedback.

Attachments

·
Rocky Mountain Rider
341 Posts
Here is a front shot if it will load up. Will post more after paint gets matched. Will also get a more head on shot posted. Yhanks for looking and the feedback.
Looks great... like the front shot.

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Like it a lot! Can you post a cockpit view?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice. Id go with clear lenses and orange led bulbs to make it blend more once painted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like it a lot! Can you post a cockpit view?
will get some in next couple of days, still working mounts to get headlight at correct position on road, its pretty bare from cockpit view. It does shade the tach and speedo during the day. There is a lot of headlight adjustment, but the projector light was shining on lower part of fairing, so tonight I lowered forks in triple trees and did a little trimming on fairing. Waiting on plastic welder to arrive to repair small crack. Painter has suggested molding windshield into fairing and paint everything or airbrush graphic in that area.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i actually like that better than any other option i have seen

·
Registered
600 Posts
Your last post answered one of my questions, headlight aiming. I would caution against molding the wind screen in place. This would probably make it very difficult,or impossible, to replace the windscreen. When you have it off can you please post pics your bracketry.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your last post answered one of my questions, headlight aiming. I would caution against molding the wind screen in place. This would probably make it very difficult,or impossible, to replace the windscreen. When you have it off can you please post pics your bracketry.
I will get some shots tomorrow posted. Local custom shop wanted lot of money to mount and said the Busa fairing would not look right, was trying to talk me into Road Glide fairing. I thought it was to bulky and took away from the sport look. Ordered an upper fairing stay, then cut out center of it out because it sat too far away from triple trees, then invested about $5 in aluminum bar stock from Home Depot to brace up top and bottom. Its not the highest tech brackets but it was holding steady around 100mph. I think dropping forks down will help headlight aiming.You are still looking over wind screen, but I am definitely wanting to double check everything before the paint hits. Thanks, I appreciate everyone's comments and ideas.:notworth:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice. Id go with clear lenses and orange led bulbs to make it blend more once painted.
Good idea, I was trying to figure out what to do in that area. I was debating on using screens in the air intake area also since, I had to do some trimming around the back of it too hug the forks and get my downward angle.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts