Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 night rod. Bike seams like it is sound stats right up and took it out for a ride last night. It only bogged at WOT and that *might* be because the gasoline is a year old.

Bought it 300 miles from home and it looked better online than in person. Purchased it anyways.
Has
FuelPak
2:1 exhaust and is the best sounding vrod I know. I know very few!
Broken wiring. No brake lights, no right directional.
A hack as a previous owner.
Tired paint.

So never riding one, sitting on one we bought it and then took off the plastic a/c and removed the seat. Metric huh..... okay.

Some dopey brake light controller put on with butt splices . 22 gauge wiring versus the moco 16ga. SMH.... why??!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic of the seat-less beauty in the rough.
Trying to add a pic... do you need a minimum of time and, or posts???

I'll try to add a few "nice bike" posts to a few threads.

PS,
Yes, I know it is in the welcome TOS email but I must've missed it.. oops!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, Samsung galaxy tablet is 4 years old and sometimes iffy on certain sites....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I suggest drop the Fuelpak ? Get a Tmax. Other stuff is easy to fix.
Why would you say this? I'm not challenging you but I'm not sure why? Is there a big difference?
If it is mikuni vs s&s then not gonna happen but if there is value then sure, I will.

Thank you!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can you tell me what you think of the riding position and comfort of that seat? I love the look of those kits and would like to get one, I’m just worried that the seat would be uncomfortable. Any opinions or thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you tell me what you think of the riding position and comfort of that seat? I love the look of those kits and would like to get one, I’m just worried that the seat would be uncomfortable. Any opinions or thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
It feels fine to me but.... I'm 5-11 with a 32" inseam so I'm not tall but I'm far from short.

The other but is that I have an ultra classic that is the distance bike. I'm at a loss here now....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The frame for the rear fender. Does it detach? Can it be un-bolted? This fender and seat, how the heck do they attach? I'm all for buying used stuff but I gotta at least know how begin.

It looks like a Ghost Customs kit but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Rather than the T-Max, if you're not doing F/I, I have a Power Vision for sale. People rave about it, plus not fitment or other issues. Plus the Target Tune (auto-tuning) kit. Fun project!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You will see that we used the stock radiator cover but that has since been swapped for the kit. Wrong paint too, Home Depot rattle can

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Final pic. Now gotta clean it and ride the piss out of it!!!
You can see the correct radiator cover.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts