Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bags and rear fender

Hey, I have been looking into doing a bagger conversion for some time now and your set up has been closest to what I am wanting. I was hoping you could tell me more about yours as far as if you bought these the way they are or you made them yourself and maybe what you started with if you did fabricate them yourself. Thanks

·
Stevie
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I have been looking into doing a bagger conversion for some time now and your set up has been closest to what I am wanting. I was hoping you could tell me more about yours as far as if you bought these the way they are or you made them yourself and maybe what you started with if you did fabricate them yourself. Thanks
Yea i built this bike myself and fabricated all the mounts to mount the bags and rear fender and the front fairing. These bags are 6" inches stretched then stock bags for fl model harleys and i made them to sit the same height as the front foot pegs with the air ride up to where i ride it at. So i didnt lose any lean angle. It rides real good Ive had it up to 140 mph and it still handles good. Just like a stock V-Rod and at speed has less wind resistance on my body. Been on 700 miles rides in a day and its perfectly comfortable for me If you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK cool, I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking I would probably do air ride too. Mines bot quite that comfortable yet but hoping to change some things in the front as well at the same time I do the bags.

·
Louie Lou
24 Posts
Hot Road Rod!!!
Debating to try to Mod mine or just Up to a Street Glide.

Love my V. 1st & only Bike. But need a Bagger. between Small Tank & nowhere to carry gear etc. Torn!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What handlebars are those and what modifications did you have to do for installation? I am about to buy a 2006 VRSCR and want to add bars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts