Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After asking my wife for a bike for the last 5 years, she surprises me with a black 04 V-Rod. First bike I've ever owned and couldn't be any happier. Only problem I'm running into is that my wife isn't too pleased that I'm spending so much time out riding and not spending enough time with her. Went out the other day and bought the Sundowner Seat with rear pad and sissy bar so she can ride with me and hopefully put an end to that issue. I told my buddies that I would wait a year before changing the exhaust. After owing the bike for only a few days and listening to what sounded like a moped, did extensive research and installed a set of Samson Longslashers and finally have a Harley that sounds like a Harley. Have friends with Vanson Hines, Reinhardt and others and they all agree that the Samson's are the best they've ever heard.
By the way, great 40th birthday gift!!!!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
bbruce65 said:
:welcome: and congrats on the birthday gift! Sounds like she's a keeper....
:welcome: :kaz:

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I suggest you do something about the rear footpegs - she'll like it on back a lot better. But she sounds like a keeper in any case.

Oh yes - get a wireless modem for the house. It'll take you several hours a day to keep up with this forum, and its best if you do it sitting beside her than in the study (or wherever) .

Oh yes, stay out of the Mens Lounge when she can see the screen.

Welcome to our addiction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Samson's pipes are great! I have 32,000 miles on my longslashers. Enjoy your Birthday gift and suggest to the wife maybe a bike of her own!

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Happy Birthday and Congratulations!!!

That's going to be hard to top for your wife's birthday.

Any ideas about what you will be getting her?

Good luck to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts