Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took an 08 street glide in Vivid Black for a ride on Monday. Picking it up tomorrow at noon.

This 03 V/rod is a great bike. I bought it new and took care of it as you can see. I'm kinda anal with machinery. My style has turned to a more "touring" type over the last 2 years and the Street Glide always had my eye since 06.

Thanks!

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
I am originally from PA. right in Bethlehem. Beautiful mountains in the Poconos. You rode it a good bit in the cold to have the mileage on it you have. :cheers: Sounds like you have been enjoying it as much as I've had with mine. Touring sounds "old" by the way, unless you plan on taking some long road trips. Good luck on your auction. Rick

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hamletexpress said:
Touring sounds "old" by the way, unless you plan on taking some long road trips. Rick
Alright.. How about "sport touring". Com'on! It's a Street Glide, not an Ultra!
I'm sure I'll miss the V. I don't have to tell you guys how much fun they are.

Thanks, Jack

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are makin me feel bad. I'm 35.

It's the same story on how I married my wife.

I took a ride and fell in love.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
pa-v-rod said:
You guys are makin me feel bad. I'm 35.

It's the same story on how I married my wife.

I took a ride and fell in love.

If the streetglide is your bike of choice, no one is mad at ya. Looks like your v-rod is in good shape, good luck with your sale.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride and good luck with the sale.

Who's tach did you use on your V, it looks like a sunon or autometer? Did it have a setting for the two cylinder or did you have to use some sort of converter?

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Keep the V and the new bike!

Trust me, you will miss the V.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Hope you don't mind me piping in. Good luck on the new bike it probably will give you more pleasure to ride with family members on the back. I thought about doing what you are doing but have decided to keep my vrod and either get another one like your new bike or buy a used v and build a vrod bagger and have the best of both worlds. Godd luck and I hope you get a great price for yours!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Max said:
Congratulations on the new ride and good luck with the sale.

Who's tach did you use on your V, it looks like a sunon or autometer? Did it have a setting for the two cylinder or did you have to use some sort of converter?
Max,

It's a 10k RPM Sunpro. Got it on EBAY for $149 I think. It's switchable for 2-4-6-8 cylinders. Hooked it up to the tach lead in the harness. 3 years and no problems. And yes, it has gotten very wet on several occasions.

Thanks

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
04vrodVA said:
Hi Hope you don't mind me piping in. Good luck on the new bike it probably will give you more pleasure to ride with family members on the back. I thought about doing what you are doing but have decided to keep my vrod and either get another one like your new bike or buy a used v and build a vrod bagger and have the best of both worlds. Godd luck and I hope you get a great price for yours!

That's part of it too. I'm trying to get the wife more interested in being on 2 wheels. The V wouldn't cut it. Even with the pass pillion and a backrest all she could take was an hour or so.

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
I was just looking at a Streetglide today. I won't get rid of my '03 but I sure would like to have something my wife would ride....... well you know what I mean. The SG is a nice bike for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts