Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the treatment of the V line by HD should we be concerned about getting parts for our bikes in the future?

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
They are still being manufactured, many .......most parts are interchangeable with your 02. No worries
Getting the parts NOW is a nightmare. I understand the parts have to be made for ten years, but what does that mean? "Need a new engine case? We're making some next year sir.."

I'm still curious to know if it is a US thing (because bikes seem to a hobby there) or a Harley thing (in which case someone wants shooting). Didn't someone have to wait three weeks for a radiator or something? When I stack a bike and need a radiator I expect a main dealer to have one in stock. If he has to order it and it takes two days to arrive I'm going to be angry and sarcastic. If he ways "three weeks" I'm going to never, ever go there again, and if I find the next dealer says the same I'm never going to buy that brand again (and I'd be sorely tempted to pop back later to chuck a brick through the window). With a Harley it seems to be normal to be quoted weeks for parts. What are you supposed to do in the meantime? Walk?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
It's a unit made thing.After so many units are made,parts availability has to be for 10 years.This has to be covered before the vehicle is made ready for the market in case the company folds before the 10 years.
Other countrys do not follow the rules of our laws.Most other country's are only interested in taxes,usually at 90%!

Also,in the US,if the vehicle is waiting on parts,and it is immobile because of a factory defect,the vehicle is your ONLY mode of transp-ortation,you will be supplied with a motorized vehicle at the manufactures expense,indefinately,which usually covers 3 days!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts