Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the V-mods night before last and rode ot to work.the exhaust is a little louder than expected.When I pulled out on the high-way It did'nt feel the same, the weight difference was that noticeable.I had to shift quicker and it got to speed way faster.What a difference with just one bolt on part.Took it buy Harley(they never heard of MCC) or Steve and Chris.Any way last night Mike a salesman called and wants me to bring it by for some customers and tech's to see and hear.MAN I think thats cool as doggy doo!Riding to work again today.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
OK, this might be the stupid question of the day, but how much of a difference (if at all) are there between V-Modded scock vs. V-Modded SEs? :confused:
-Bry

·
Have Gun Will Travel
1,008 Posts
I have v-modded SE's. I have heard regular pipes modded and mine are definately quieter. I am pleased though. They are the perfect blend for me of growl with little disturbance to the neighborhood.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had the same experince at dealership after I put them on. Have had many friends ride behind me...and they love them!!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the dealer at lunch today and Mike gathered up people from all around the place to listen to my Rod.You should have been there.Everybodys faces lit up with smiles.Even some of the snooty techs were impressed.The service dept. said they were sending 2 sets off immediatly.Then the V-Rod owner with SEs came by and said he will be doing the same.Man I feel as good about these mufflers as the day I rode out of the dealer on my 2 mile V-Rod.Performance is so powerful that I can do a smoker in 2nd gear at about 40.I want to try toppless but I don't have the 027 mapp for PC111r.How do I get this mapp? Elrod on the V-Rod

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm running the 020,Mainstreet stock modified SE filter stage1.I just thought that if toppless opened up another 4hp it would have to be sucking alot more air and I think I read somewhere that the mapp for toppless and my other combo was 027.Please correct me if I'm wrong.Once I was given a mapp setting for a jap bike by mistake from a reputable person.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
I installed the V-mods night before last and rode ot to work.the exhaust is a little louder than expected.When I pulled out on the high-way It did'nt feel the same, the weight difference was that noticeable.I had to shift quicker and it got to speed way faster.What a difference with just one bolt on part.Took it buy Harley(they never heard of MCC) or Steve and Chris.Any way last night Mike a salesman called and wants me to bring it by for some customers and tech's to see and hear.MAN I think thats cool as doggy doo!Riding to work again today.

Elrod on the V-Rod
My old dealer also wanted me to bring mine by, but they wanted to show off my Supertrapp.;) Off topic but I had the same expierience as you.Felt great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts