Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I removed my Slip ons the other day I discovered why they seemed extra loud these days. They are V-Modded Stockers and it appears the reaming baffle in the top pipe is broken loose up near the 3rd volume and is banging around in there a bit. Is this screwing up my air/fuel mixture and if need be is there a Fix for this that is quick?

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,095 Posts
Unless it's broken and blocking the exhaust flow it shouldn't mess with your AFR's.
I've gone thru several mufflers with the Vmod cut because of the outer baffle sliding around. I've tapped the baffle around to snug it up and spot welded in place on the bottom of the can where it's not seen but this was just a bandaid. Seems the noise and heat loosens the outer baffles up over time...

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Unless it's broken and blocking the exhaust flow it shouldn't mess with your AFR's.
I've gone thru several mufflers with the Vmod cut because of the outer baffle sliding around. I've tapped the baffle around to snug it up and spot welded in place on the bottom of the can where it's not seen but this was just a bandaid. Seems the noise and heat loosens the outer baffles up over time...
:them: and it always seems to be the top can! That's why I keep grabbing up '07 & newer stockers.

·
Dean
775 Posts
How come?

:them: and it always seems to be the top can! That's why I keep grabbing up '07 & newer stockers.
Why 07 and newer? Aren't all A/AW cans interchangable?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
'07 & newer A/AW cans use the smaller inner baffles that can be removed with a hole as small as 1-5/8". The cans prior to that require a hole of 3" to remove the inner baffle. Smaller hole makes for a much neater look

·
Dean
775 Posts
'07 & newer A/AW cans use the smaller inner baffles that can be removed with a hole as small as 1-5/8". The cans prior to that require a hole of 3" to remove the inner baffle. Smaller hole makes for a much neater look
Besides the inner baffle, are they all the same?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.