Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently had my 16 gauges v-modded. My current setup is pcIIIr, stock ecm, se air filter, topless. Should I use map 15 or 17? Any info is much appreciated. I'm leaning towards 17 but before I do the download I just wanted to check to see what everyone else is doing.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
ezrider said:
I just recently had my 16 gauges v-modded. My current setup is pcIIIr, stock ecm, se air filter, topless. Should I use map 15 or 17? Any info is much appreciated. I'm leaning towards 17 but before I do the download I just wanted to check to see what everyone else is doing.
Hi Ezrider,

I would personally stick with map 15 unless you hit some flat spots. How do you like your vmodded 16 guage?

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Try 018 as well. The beauty of a PIIIr is that you can download a map to your bike and then go for a ride. You really should get it tuned by a pro.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TBAG809 said:
Hi Ezrider,

I would personally stick with map 15 unless you hit some flat spots. How do you like your vmodded 16 guage?
I haven't been able to go for a ride due to the weather. But I did fire them up in the garage (with the door open) and they sound real good. A little bit louder than the stock v-mods. They have a nice rumble.....not too loud and definitely not too quite.

·
4,638 Posts
ezrider ,
I sent my SE16 ga to Steve yesterday.. Is there a big difference in the sound....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ricky G. said:
ezrider ,
I sent my SE16 ga to Steve yesterday.. Is there a big difference in the sound....
See post above yours....They seen to have a deeper rumble than the stock v-mods. Maybe its just my imagination but I do like them. Do you have a PCIIIr, if so, what map will you use?

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Hey Ricky G,

I`m just as curious as you. When you get the baffles back from Steve give us a detailed report. The best thing would be to have a video clip with sound to get a better idea. I want a nice deep rumble but dont want my ears to bleed when I`m cruising. :blahblah:

·
4,638 Posts
Roger That,
Sent them 3 day delivery. So monday Steve should get them. One day turn around plus 3 days back so by fri or sat I should be good to go ...
:moped:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I have had my 16Ga's V-Modded for about 6 months now... and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE them... They are louder that the stock 16 Ga's byt about 33%! Low and loud and when you get it to it... watch out. I run Map 18 and my bike LOVES it!

Mike

·
4,638 Posts
VRODScout,
STEVE told me that if I had the #2 Download from the harley dealer that my bike would run good after the VMOD was done...Also said that If I had #1 Download that I would have a flat spot at 4500RPM... Did you run your bike with the #2 Download from the harley shop?

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I have a PCrIII, so I load maps into that, but prior to that I had the ECM flash that came recommended with the S/E pipe and filter steup, #2 I believe. The PCrIII actually overrides all of that though.
Mike

·
4,638 Posts
After VMODDING Did your bike run smooth with the ECM #2

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
As silk... but the PCrIII came like 2 days later so I really don't remember that much. Definately NOTHING negative... just LOUDER!
Mike

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
I wish someone would post a video clip of the vmodded SE 16 guage

:banghead: :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts