Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im currently in the process of purchasing bits and pieces for my 07 dx and was after some info on exhaust systems.. obviously ive read alot of topics on exhaust systems etc etc but im yet to find the answer im looking for.. my question is this - i am currently running a stock system with v-modded cans and im looking to change. Are non baffled tabs louder than a v+h 2-1 indy? my cans currently sound good but im looking for a little more punch without going over the top as far as loudness goes i will be fitting the stage 2 cams also. sorry if i sound somewhat mechanically retarded its just theres so much info on here i find myself lost.. any help would be much appreciated! im not worried about price i just want a good deep sound from my dx with the best performance possible and as little scraping as possible also.. thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
V&H 2-1 Indy are loud when you rew it. I had a chance to trade my unbaffled homemade shorties to a 2-1 Indy with no money between. Some of you maybe think im a idiot, but i said thanks but no thank you to the offer after i had heard them live. Super nice in low and med revs but earpounding in higher rews. I understand the name Indy outlaws.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tired the V&H 2-1 comp pipe and it was loud, when you get on the throttle it reminds me of a nascar. I seriously wonder if they could cause some hearing loss. I went back to the stock pipe and this winter I probably will try the vmod series 2, do you have a baffle or not?

I have stage II cams, SE throttle body and running topless, with the stock pipe my HP went from 108 to 143. Going topless, where they open up the airbox actually makes it louder. Reading some other articles loudness does not always equal performance. So are you more worried about performance or sound?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I tired the V&H 2-1 comp pipe and it was loud, when you get on the throttle it reminds me of a nascar. I seriously wonder if they could cause some hearing loss. I went back to the stock pipe and this winter I probably will try the vmod series 2, do you have a baffle or not?

I have stage II cams, SE throttle body and running topless, with the stock pipe my HP went from 108 to 143. Going topless, where they open up the airbox actually makes it louder. Reading some other articles loudness does not always equal performance. So are you more worried about performance or sound?
Do you have 143 hp on the backwheel with stock mufflers?!. And just those mods?. If thats possible with just cams and throttlebody, i know what i´m going for.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for better performance but I still want it to have a nice deep rumble without being too loud I've heard the v and h Indy is a good performing pipe but it's hard to gauge loudness on YouTube due to camera quality and volume etc.. Eperhaps I'd be better just getting slip ons? Did you get 143hp on a 1250 or 1130?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Joe1985 I should have mentioned, I have a 2008 AW, so it's an 1250. Did you see the videos at the top of the thread? Its a tough thing to find the right balance and sound and not too much, do you have baffles right now or are your vmodded cans open?

Hawkfield I should mention I also had to buy the SE super tuner and a new clutch and labor. The dealer said with the extra horse power the stock clutch slipped too much. I talked to two other owners who confirmed the clutch thing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive ordered the SE stage 2 kit and i think im going to go unbaffled tabs.. i like the sound of these from the clips ive heard and i havnt heard any bad reports of them losing power or anything. will also be going with the pc v. any negative feedback on these choices?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i ordered the kit from a shop in the U.S and paid 400 for it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts