Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of dropping my SE Slip-on's and go to V-Mod's or D&D slip-on's. Any opinions on which work the best? I do want to go with the slip-on's because I like the stock look. I know the D&D's are not exact, but are close enough. If I did go either route what other mod's would need to be done?

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Send the SE slip-ons to have them v-modded.I see you have the RT,mjw930 has a map posted for the v-modded SE mufflers.

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
I have the D & D slip ons and I like the sound. Unfortunately, I have not heard a set of V-Mods yet and I have been unable to find anyone that has heard both to give me their opinions. I'd really like to know which is louder. I like the smooth look of the stock or SE slip ons but the D & Ds have a very nice recessed clamping system which makes the transition from the center section very clean. If you look under the "products" section, you can see pictures of mine. I would really like to try a set of the v-modded SE slip ons. I understand the are quieter than stock modded pipes but have a nice sound with good performance potential. Maybe the best of both worlds. Just my :2cents: .

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
V-mods are modified stock mufflers that have had the inner baffle removed. Chopper Steve at V-Mod.com has perfected the mods and has performed the service for probably several hundred cutomers. They are economical ($150), have a deep loud tone, and offer excellent performance. If you visit V-mod.com, look under the exhaust section. Also, search this site as there are many members running these mufflers and all seem extremely pleased. If you are mechanically inclined, you'll also find threads here on how to perform the mods yourself.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I have the D&D slip ons. According to D&D and my HD Dealer, with the D&D slips you dont need to do anything else. If you change the filter then you need the reflash or other fuel management. I like they way they are almost stock (look), the way the clamps are hidden and the passenger has more foot room. They have a great sports car sound, especially at 8k rpm under load ;) The MSRP is high for them, but I got a great deal on an extra set the dealer had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts