Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rotor Trash
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a set of these on their bike? If so, would you mind posting a pic.

·
Montate aqui!
688 Posts
I am also interested to see how this setup would look:popcorn

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140162

i'm pretty certain the vmod ones are the hd ones. looks the same anyways. i have them and there should be plenty of pics in my thread of them. i love them, they were completely worth the hassel i went through for them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just put on HD reduced reach bars 2 weeks ago, $80 for the bars and $105 for the longer brake line straight from the dealership. They wanted 3 hours at $95/hr to install so I did 'em myself in an hour and a half.

They definetly feel much better on my shoulders and back but I haven't been on the bike yet for any long trips. Also, HD offers them in chrome or black, at least for my 2009, so it gave me a chance to black out yet another part.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got black bars from the stealership that came off a sportster. Did not have to change the lines. I think they are close to the same as the reduced reach bars. I like them much better than the drag bar that came on the bike. The best part is the parts guy just gave me the bars, didn't cost a dime and very easy to change out.

You can see pics here (post #11)
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143571

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here are a couple shots from a guy selling his bike on craigslist nearby. Reach bars, seat and controls. The bike was for his short wife, but she doesn't ride it. $10,999 for an '07 with 1100 miles, not a bad deal.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thats a great deal....I paid @11,500 for my 07 with a few more mods then that, and mine had 5k on it for miles.....someone pull the trigger!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bars + Sundowner

Let me know if you need more pics. My VRSCDX is an '11 in Sedona Orange. It's at dealer right now getting detailed. I installed Reach Bars + ABS lines, bars came in black and break lines too. I also added the Sundowner seat.

This combination is spectacular. Superbly comfortable as a tourer and I really disliked the factory seat/bar combo, it hurt my back when I rode.

New setup is awesome. I put 200 miles the other day and I was very happy. I will add a windshield because the touring seating position is tough on windy days (I'm accustomed to the sportier position on my Ducati).

Angelo

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Is that the Harley windshield in the pic? With the reach bar it looks like a great combination.

Also, does the Sundowner seat put the rider slightly closer to the foot controls? I'm debating reach controls for my 09, or the SUndowner seat. I only want about an inch, so doing both would likely put me too close.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Sundowner seat is super comfortable. However, it DOES NOT make the seat lower, nor does it reduce the distance to the front pedals. In fact, it is more padded and seems wider so it probably stretches you a tad from the pedals.

Set of reach contols cut 1", Reach Seat cuts another 1". Reach Bar is spectacular and even without Reach Seat has made a world of difference on the comfort levels on my bike and the improved position of my back when I'm riding. Sundowner adds lumbar support and improved weight distribution in your rear end (key, because there are not mid mounted begs to share the weight).

·
Now on a VRSCDX!!!
604 Posts
Let me know if you need more pics. My VRSCDX is an '11 in Sedona Orange. It's at dealer right now getting detailed. I installed Reach Bars + ABS lines, bars came in black and break lines too. I also added the Sundowner seat.
I wouldnt mind seeing it with that set up as I have an Orange 11 as well and need to do this to mine the stock bars are too much of a strain on my back also I kinda want to see what a sundowner looks like on it Thanx

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Let me know if you need more pics.
Everyone always want more pics! I am still researching everything that can be done to these bikes. I just don't know what I will need since I don't even get to sit on the thing for a couple more months!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Doing the reach bar this week. Have the reach peg relocator (without the full controls) and haven't decided yet, will see how it is with the bar first. Sundowner definitely in the near future, when funds permit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts