Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking the add the V-Mod race kit 01 to my bike. I am told it is basically the stock mufflers with the baffles drilled, K&N filter and a DFO all for $699. It is supposed to be louder than the screamin' eagle slip ons (what I really wanted) and quieter than Rinehart staggered exhaust. I don't need much more horses, I would just like to be quicker than stock and would like a bit more rumble. Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
vrodmaverick said:
Looking the add the V-Mod race kit 01 to my bike. I am told it is basically the stock mufflers with the baffles drilled, K&N filter and a DFO all for $699. It is supposed to be louder than the screamin' eagle slip ons (what I really wanted) and quieter than Rinehart staggered exhaust. I don't need much more horses, I would just like to be quicker than stock and would like a bit more rumble. Any opinions?

I am running a similar set up. V-mod style, Race Tuner, and AMSOIL filter. The exhaust sounds GREAT and performs well at the same time. I will most likely be going to a 2into1 exhaust when I do my engine build but have a feeling I will miss the stock look.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Just an option, There is a HOW TO here on the forum for modding your pipes and you can get a DFO for around 150-200 and the K&N filter is around 60.

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
:them: :them: :them:

OR.....

send me $600 (a $99 savings to you) and I'll send you some v-modded pipes, a K&N filter, and a Gil's box........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts