Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
If this is all you're going to do, any type of fueler should be sufficient. If you're planning any other type of modification to the fuel system, exhaust system or engine in the future, I'd suggest the SE Race Tuner. IMHO.

·
'06 night rod
567 Posts
I have a DFO box and I'm perfectly happy

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a power commander mapped for v-mod pipes and k&n filter from fulemoto..my 07 aw rod runs very good.:thumb:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I think your gonna find that whatever people are useing is going to be what is said to be the best.

so with that said, I like the power commander :D

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
PC111usb

But get it on a dyno for the exact tune.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been using a PCIII for the last 5 yrs with the v-mod map. Simple to install and way cheaper than the dealer. Never had a problem. I run with a K&N filter with stock pipes (baffles were removed 5 yrs ago, too).

·
Banned
405 Posts
WOW talk about a luker! Welcome to the forums MWeisz!!
:welcome:

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
They (fuelmoto) pre mapped the power commander before they shipped it to me. Jamie at fuelmoto said that he had a good map for my set up and he was right..my 07 runs smooth and strong. It also gets even better gas mileage. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
V-mod

Spoke to the folks at V-MOD and they tell me to use the Power Commander that they sell where they pre-MAP everything and use a K&N Filter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gil's box for me

·
Banned
405 Posts
I am using the gen3 box from dobeck with my vmods and occasionally get a back fire from high gear deceal without down shifting. Other than that everything is working great.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
IMO a Sert would be best but if the budget doesn't allow for it a PC3 would be my second choice and will work very well.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Spaz said:
IMO a Sert would be best but if the budget doesn't allow for it a PC3 would be my second choice and will work very well.
:stupid:

·
Registered
35 Posts
yzf1999 said:
I have a power commander mapped for v-mod pipes and k&n filter from fulemoto..my 07 aw rod runs very good.:thumb:
Hi would you be so kind so as to share with us your PC map, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased my PClll from NORTH SHORE MOTORCYCLES ebay store, (sorry, I did not know fuelmoto) once I received it I asked Buddy Campagna to send me a map for AW 07, V-mod pipes and SE air filter, and he told me he did not provide any maps.

Once I knew fuelmoto I tried to make an order to buy a stand alone map for my PClll usb, and they said: "We supply maps only with Power Commanders purchased from Fuel Moto. "

I contacted powercommander.com , asking for a map for my setting and they send me a renamed file pretending it was just for my setup M815-MyName.djm, I compared to

M815-001.djm
2007 Harley Night Rod / Street Rod
Stock exhaust
Stock filter
Stock ECM

, and I noticed they were identical!!!!, not valid for mi bike indeed.

So I find myself begging for a correct map for my V-rod,:notworth:

yzf1999, I know is a hassle to get the map from your installed PClllusb, but I can pay you some money for it via Paypal.

Please, please, email me [email protected]

Thanks anyway.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Have you looked in the EFI section? There are tons of PC3 maps and even spaz to help out. Others help out in there as well, but I always remember him because of that damn pig staring at me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts