Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just v-moded my exhaust. Turned out pretty good, but I have one question. Does it matter the size of the hole you end up with?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

·
Speed Addict
126 Posts
No, as long as you didn't go too big and cut into the outer baffle. Just make sure you have a fueler to dial it in...it will run lean with vmods. I self-modded my D, and used a gil's box for fuel. Sounds and runs great. I used the hole-saw that fit perfectly around the outer bead of the baffle. Then just smoothed it out a tiny bit with the dremel.

Pics...looks stock guys...just a slightly larger hole in the pipe. No real bling there!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. One of mine got a little bigger than I would have liked and just wondered if I should make the other one match it in size. You mentioned the outer baffle, the only thing I see on the inside is a meshing around the inside of the pipe. is that what you are calling the outer bafle? because it isn't even close to that.

thanks again for the reply

·
Registered
279 Posts
BJKELLEY said:
Thanks for the reply. One of mine got a little bigger than I would have liked and just wondered if I should make the other one match it in size. You mentioned the outer baffle, the only thing I see on the inside is a meshing around the inside of the pipe. is that what you are calling the outer bafle? because it isn't even close to that.

thanks again for the reply
Yes thats the outer baffel... I would recommend using a dremmel with the sanding tip to round or oval out the holes to the same size and shape you want..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts