Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the proper map for my VRSCX. I have a stock exhaust v-modded, PCIII Tuner, K&N Fiter with top on. I have seen some maps for other V-rods but I would like to hear from some VRSCX owners to hear what is working best. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
you may find as i have done with my CVO, you could be on your own for pc3 maps for the 1250 bikes.
people who have had a 1250 on a dyno dont seem forthcoming with maps as are the 1130 crowd, no real reason why.
remember that a map will vary for region because of sea level, air temp, humidity etc etc.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
I too own a VRSCX vmodded pipes, PCIII, K&N Filter. Here are my results. I downloaded a map from this web site and it works well as far as I am concerned.

Look at the 5th post in the thread for a partial dyno picture

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71751

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called V-mod yeterday and they told me that they created a map for the 1250's. Is that the same map that you have on your PCIII? In your other thread someone was telling you that the map was not correct for the bike becuase you were running lean at high rpm. I am ready to order my PCIII from V-Mod premapped but i want the map to be correct. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
VRSCX381 said:
I called V-mod yeterday and they told me that they created a map for the 1250's. Is that the same map that you have on your PCIII? In your other thread someone was telling you that the map was not correct for the bike becuase you were running lean at high rpm. I am ready to order my PCIII from V-Mod premapped but i want the map to be correct. What do you think?
When I ordered my PCIII, I did specify the VRSCX 1250Cc engine with top-ON, and K&N. The map I got with the order ran OK but a little hesitation at about 3000 rpms. The map from mjw solved that problem but rjriverio questions the suitability of that map. I have issues in hooking to a dyno I am trying to resolve at this time.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
VRSCX381 said:
So do you have a V-modded exhaust with a PCIII Tuner then?
i was running v mods on my CVO but they were too loud for my liking and made the engine too top endy, i run most of the 1130 maps on the forum and tweaked about, but the fuel consumption suffered bad so they are off.

·
Hotrod Vrod
63 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have an X, and i'm running v-modded pipes with a high flow air filter, and no tuner. the bike runs fine, no hesitation, or rough spots, idles great. and oh yea, better gas milage too. i think it's just too choked down with the stock pipes, now it can breathe. everybody gets to hung up on maps and settings etc. if my bike did'nt like my setup without any tuning mods it would have let me know.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
wapow said:
i have an X, and i'm running v-modded pipes with a high flow air filter, and no tuner. the bike runs fine, no hesitation, or rough spots, idles great. and oh yea, better gas milage too. i think it's just too choked down with the stock pipes, now it can breathe. everybody gets to hung up on maps and settings etc. if my bike did'nt like my setup without any tuning mods it would have let me know.
I would love to see a dyno run showing your fuel/air mixture stats. I am curious about whether it is running lean or not. I would prefer running w/o a PC but am hesitant about it since "they" say you need something over and above stock if modifying air and mufflers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of the help. I am going to try some of the maps that have been posted and see how they work. I have an appointment on Aug. 11th to get the bike dyno tuned and Rice Lake Harley. If the bike isn't running perfect they said they will put a custom map in. I cant wait to hear the roar of the V-mods. I will let you know how everything comes out.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
VRSCX381 said:
I got my exhaust dyno tuned this weekend. I have attached the results. View attachment 88417
What about the Fuel / Air ratio? How does it look with your map? Did you post your map to the forum?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been reading these posts and trying to digest everything. I just put a set of Samson Cannons on my VRSCX and should have my K&N filter tomorrow to put in. I guess I thought my PCIIIUSB would have a few more choices as far as maps go. would the maps configured for the V-Mod exhausts be close enough for a good start?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Downloaded a map i found here, 1250-K&N-Vmod-Top ON-jgd, today. I don't have my K&N yet but took it for a spin. Bike didn't run too bad, a faint popping on decel but not too bad. Didn't really jump into the throttle much but the bike seemed pretty smooth. Called a local tuner yesterday and I'll take it to him in the next week or so and have him dial it in. The Samsons are LOUD as heck! It doesn't get any easier than the PCIIIUSB. I get an hour for lunch and I installed the PC and downloaded the map and made it back to work with time to spare!

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
jmt21022 said:
Downloaded a map i found here, 1250-K&N-Vmod-Top ON-jgd, today. I don't have my K&N yet but took it for a spin. Bike didn't run too bad, a faint popping on decel but not too bad. Didn't really jump into the throttle much but the bike seemed pretty smooth. Called a local tuner yesterday and I'll take it to him in the next week or so and have him dial it in. The Samsons are LOUD as heck! It doesn't get any easier than the PCIIIUSB. I get an hour for lunch and I installed the PC and downloaded the map and made it back to work with time to spare!
Thats my map you downloaded. It seems to be working just fine for me. Mine also pops a little on decel. It is setup for Stock pipes that have been v-modded. Vmodding means the inner baffle has been removed.
Changing the pipes is the biggest reason to get a good map running. You don't want to run real lean. I have no idea if the map is suitable for your config but you really need to wait until you get the K&N installed before getting it tuned.

JMHO but you need to go gentle until you get it tuned. No telling what those Samson pipes are doing to your fuel/air mixture.

Good luck and report back with your map and graphic output. New 1250 owners need this info.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I installed the K&N today after putting about 20 miles on the bike last night. When I took my top off, the air box was a little damp inside the stock filter. I assume this means it was a little rich. The slight popping on decel was a little louder today after putting the K&N in but bike still ran smooth. I didn't twist the throttle much past 4K. It also seems my idle is a bit high, around 1300 RPM. Called the tuner today and he's got dyno time Saturday morning so we'll see what happens. I'll keep posting and let everyone know what's going on. BTW, this site is pretty awesome. I've learned a lot just in the last few days and I hope I can others out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK, I just got back from the dyno. I can't get the scanner to work and I'll download my map later but here's the skinny.
I used rustyg's map and the first pull was 102.27 HP and 70.95 torque. The air/fuel mixture was almost 16 @3500 rpm, 11 @ 5400 rpm and was close to 13 from 7000 rpm on up.
21 pulls later, 107.74 HP and 75.23 torque. He got the air/fuel mixture to between 12.5 and 14 below 4000 rpm then almost dead on 13 from there on up to 9000rpm.
Needles to say, with a K&N filter ($54 at Autozone) top-on, a PCIIIUSB tuner ($290 eastern Performance), Samson cannon exhaust with 1 3/4" baffles ($77 dollars on ebay) and 2 hours dyno time @ Reed Racing Engines, I couldn't be happier!
I will post map and charts A.S.A.P.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts