Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my V-modded pipes, PC, and air filter. It sounds great but it doesn't run very well. I have a lot of hesitation when I get on the throttle. I purchased everything from V-Mod.com and they were supposed to download the correct map 020. Has anyone seen or heard of this problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not exactly.....I have been told I might have the famous fuel flange problem. I had it fixed once but I have to double check somethings. I was told to look into the gas tank while it is running and see if any gas is spraying around. This is an indicator of the flange problem. I can see a lot of air bubbles but not exactly "spraying". They say you might not notice the fuel flange problem with stock exaust but since the vmods run lean that is when you will notice it. Im going to call my dealer and talk to him some. I don't what to take the pipes off then take it in, I would like for him to see the hesitation I am seeing. The only problem is warrently. We will see what happens. Thanks for the help.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
klopy, any news? how was your dealer about the v-mods? as for the fuel bubbles... did you have a full tank? maybe that would cover up the spray and make bubbles. just a thought. also, I have heard from people with a PC that sometimes the map wont load up right. They just reload the map and good to go. maybe a reload would help you out.
Greg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I took the bike back to the dealer they said I had an throttle position error. All he did was reset the error. Im not sure how the error arrived but it diffently solved the problem. They said if the bike doesn't start up on the first try sometimes you will get this error. They said this was the second time they seen this on a vrod. The other FI models they have seen. When I first started the bike after the installation is did hesitate when starting, I had to start it again. Anyway, not sure what happened but it work and sounds great now!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
klopy you will find in the technical section complete information on reading and clearing codes along with a full list of the codes. It can save you a lot of time and makes checking things much easier if a problem comes up on the road.

Max

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.