Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need feedback from those who have performed the V-MOD work on their mufflers. After you did the V-MOD did you need to have the tuner
(mine is stock) reset? Were there any other work you found you had to do after the V-MOD work was done for the best results?

·
George
5,411 Posts
I did mine and added an amsoil air filter and the stage 1 SE map was fine... then I blew up the ECM, now I have a PCM and dial it in myself. BTW, the V-mods are off now, as they were too friggin loud!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did mine about 12-months ago (AW-09), and didn't take any chances with running the system without other mods, after all in standard form they are so restricted that any added air modification, such as exhaust or an air filter can only make the system even weaker with possible nasty consequences.
Before I fitted my V-mod pipes I obtained a K&N air filter and had a PCV sent over from Fuelmoto mapped ready to plug and play, without the Autotune option, which I was told by Fuelmoto I didn't need for my simple requirements, which was just a stock air filter replacement for a performance type, and my V-modded exhaust.
Result runs really sweet with a noticeable increase in performance, slighty higher m.p.g. which I suppose was to be expected, but the biggest noticeable thing for me was the bike now runs at normal temperatures whereas before the mods it got hotter than hell, pardon the pun!!!, which can't be good for any engine.
In conclusion, I'm really delighted with it and it sounds so nice to boot.

·
Premium Member
11,362 Posts
Chief,
I V-modded my pipes some time ago. The bike did not run very well at all. Added a PCIII and had it dyno tuned by a local guru and the bike ran great all the while I had the V-Mods installed.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Do your self a favor leave it stock!:chair:You want loud&fast buy that Destroyer for 13k!:stilpoke:

·
Premium Member
11,362 Posts
Do your self a favor leave it stock!:chair:You want loud&fast buy that Destroyer for 13k!:stilpoke:
You can't ride the destroyer on the streets. If you can't ride it on the streets you can't impress the little kiddies staring out their soccer mom's SUV window at you in awe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
series II vmod

Here is what I did, I found a used set of cans and sent them to vmod, this way I can go back to stock at any time. The pipes are perfect, not too loud.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
IMHO our bikes are DANGEROUSLY silent in their stock form (Loud pipes saves lifes...) ... And the Vmods are not THAT loud, c'mon guys! It's maybe half as loud as any unbaffled aircooled Harley. Yes you'll need some kind of remap for your ECM since it will run crappy with the Vmods and stock settings. Cheers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE VALUABLE FEEDBACK!!! Now I'm ready to go forward with the work. I agree that our bikes are way too quiet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My AW with the standard V-modded mufflers does'nt even come close to my previous stage-4 95cu-in FXD with a Hooker system installed, it use to set-off car alarms everywhere I went, and on occassion been known wake the dead. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes you need to put a tuner on, it will pop and run like crap. you will have tendency to look for another gear at first....i don't take long to get use to. i noticed a lil drop on the top end by almost 5 mph, i did change the bars, i need to put a brace on the forks and see how it does. all said and done i love this bike,it is a great everyday bike, my softail only comes out when i need to make a sound statement and wake the dead as they say. BE COOL VRODDERS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts