Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it will be simpler and cheaper to have my exhaust modified here in Australia than shipping it to the US or buying it out of the US using the south pacific peso's I am stuck with. Is what Chopper Steve does that tricky if you have the gear and know what you're doing?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Karl Scott I cut my pipes and can see now what chopper steve is doing. If you had an extra set to practice on I could see that with a good cutter it would be very easy to repeat his results. The rear cut is the problem the pipe has both an inside and an outside baffle. If you get the hole to small the inside baffle wont come out, if you get it to big it will expose the outside edge of the outer baffle.

Max

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here is how I do them. Drill all around the nozzle(piece of pipe sticking out), then carefully cut the plate toward the outer edge. Keep checking with a flashlight to make sure that you do not have less than an 1/8 of an inch from the outer baffle. There are 2 welding tabs on the other end that need to be ground away, then insert a solid bar and tap out the inner baffle. Once you have it out use a dremel and grind the plate until it reaches the outer baffle. To clean things up spray high heat matt black paint inside. It really sounds worse than doing.
Cheers Derek

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not do it myself, but an experienced exhaust shop should be able to do it. It is 30% dearer plus shipping if I get it done over there you see, or I imagine it would be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts