Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the thread on how to v mod your exhaust but the link is in power point. Can someone post it or send it to me converted over to a Word file? Thanks.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, this is what makes this site great. I downloaded it and the PP pages are printing right now. Awesome!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
it really is a great how-to. I keep thinking I'm gonna try to Vmod my original exhaust, they are just sitting in a corner I might as well start cuttin em up :D

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
Just a word of caution when cutting the large end. The 3" cutting tool combined with the Dowel will cut REAL CLOSE to the outer skin of the outer baffle. If you are not real careful you will cut this skin.
SO. When cutting, aim the cutting tool slightly toward the bottom of the pipe. You have about 1/4" wiggle room there.

When I cut mine out, I skinned the outer baffle skin and had to use some metal repair to fix it.

Just make sure you are angling slightly downward. I was unable to get a dowel that fit perfectly. Mine was just a smidgen to small and I could tilt the drill up and down slightly. I chose up toward the top of the pipe which was wrong.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
RustyG said:
Just a word of caution when cutting the large end. The 3" cutting tool combined with the Dowel will cut REAL CLOSE to the outer skin of the outer baffle. If you are not real careful you will cut this skin.
SO. When cutting, aim the cutting tool slightly toward the bottom of the pipe. You have about 1/4" wiggle room there.

When I cut mine out, I skinned the outer baffle skin and had to use some metal repair to fix it.

Just make sure you are angling slightly downward. I was unable to get a dowel that fit perfectly. Mine was just a smidgen to small and I could tilt the drill up and down slightly. I chose up toward the top of the pipe which was wrong.
I totally gutted the pipes on my DX, inner and outer baffle. Sounds great, loads of power, no pops, pulls like a train.

Once the end caps are back on you can't even see they have been modified. Obviously it's only the DX with the end caps.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Kieron said:
I totally gutted the pipes on my DX, inner and outer baffle. Sounds great, loads of power, no pops, pulls like a train.

Once the end caps are back on you can't even see they have been modified. Obviously it's only the DX with the end caps.
:them:

Loved it so much, I cut the pipes in half and made shorties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts