Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know exactly what ChopperSteve does to the stock pipes. I have read a few messages about people v-modding their own and it sounds like they are just removing the baffles. Is that all ChopperSteve does also?
Someone Please shed some light.

Thanks
2003 V-rod

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
klopy, I think many of us would choose not to reveal anything we've learned about what ChopperSteve does to v-mod pipes. He's been a real friend to the v-rod community and has worked hard to provide specialized parts and so on for v-rodders, and stands behind them. Would hate to think of him losing business from anyone publishing his trade secrets all over the 'net. He's one of our members, too!

My .02

Val

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
Spend the $150 and have him do it. He's an expert and will do a quality job. There are too many things to mess up doing it yourself. These aren't like drilling the baffles out of a traditional hog.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My exhaust will be going there soon. I met him in Daytona, and feel comfortable with him doing a great job after seeing his bikes. And for $150, I'm not going to bother with them myself.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I bought a set of D&D slip ons, and am happy with them, but am still going to send my stockers to Steve. Options are good :thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I had no intentions of taking anyones business. It was just a general question expecting general answers. To be honest, Im in the middle of taking mine off to send to him.

thanks

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
hey, klopy, I didn't think you did! Let us know how you like em when you get them back.

·
Speed Freak
88 Posts
I got mine back from Steve last week and they sound great, the finish is nice, and once I finally get to drive it I hear the power is good too.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
klopy,I got a set of supertrapps for sale.cheap.alot more power.

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
vrodvinny said:
klopy,I got a set of supertrapps for sale.cheap.alot more power.
so, uh, vinnie:

how cheap? how old? what condition? and how much more power really than v-mods? I'm in the market for something.

kerry

·
Registered
178 Posts
klopy said:
Does anyone know exactly what ChopperSteve does to the stock pipes. I have read a few messages about people v-modding their own and it sounds like they are just removing the baffles. Is that all ChopperSteve does also?
Someone Please shed some light.

Thanks
2003 V-rod
I'LL TELL YOU THIS MUCH. I'VE BEEN STUDYING SEVERAL TYPES OF PIPES AND MODS AVAILABLE TO US, AND FOR YOUR MONEY V-MOD IS THE BEST. ONE BIG REASON, HE TESTS EVERYHTING BEFORE HE OFFERS IT AND IF YOU HAVE A ? YOU CAN CALL THEM FOR HELP. I GOT THE PACKAGE DEAL FROM HIM AND I REALLY LIKE IT. I HAVEN'T TIMED IT YET BUT IT'S DEFINETLY MUCH QUICKER THAN BEFORE THE V-MOD. GETTING ON THE HIGHWAY IT REALLY GETS TO 100 IN VERY SHORT ORDER. I'VE SEEN OTHERS TRY TO COPY WHAT HE DOES TO THE EXHAUST, AND IT DOSEN'T WORK FOR THEM. I DID THEM BECAUSE I WANTED TO KEEP THE LOOK OF THE BIKE. GOTTA BLAST! :vrod:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Great Job ChopperSteve!!

Just received my stock slip-ons back from ChopperSteve. They did a great job of cutting out the baffle and finishing off the rear of the pipes. Well worth the $$. :thumb: Now only I can find a K&N filter in the area. My dealer is out of them and they are on backorder... :chair:

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
bbruce65 said:
Now only I can find a K&N filter in the area. My dealer is out of them and they are on backorder... :chair:
Did you check American HD in Ann Arbor? They had them in stock last week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts