Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe there is someone out there that can help me a bit on this. I have a 2011 DX and had the exhaust done by VMod, K&N filter and added a PCV. I had the bike dynoed at it came out to 99 at the rear wheel. Do these numbers look correct for this type of mod or not? I know that people out there exaggerate on their numbers all the time so not sure what to compare it too. I didn't have any maps at the time so the shop was the one that installed the map. The bike seems to be running OK, no pop or hesitation. If the numbers don't look correct should I try another map and if so does someone out there have one? I couldn't find one for my exact configuration. Thanks:notworth:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a 10 DX and I drilled my exhaust everything else is stock. The HD shop by me was having a bike night with a dyno shot out so I intered by bike I had 111hp and cant remember the Tq but the fuel to air was still good after drilling the pipes. 90 hp sounds a little low for what you have done.

What color is you 11

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Maybe there is someone out there that can help me a bit on this. I have a 2011 DX and had the exhaust done by VMod, K&N filter and added a PCV. I had the bike dynoed at it came out to 99 at the rear wheel. Do these numbers look correct for this type of mod or not? I know that people out there exaggerate on their numbers all the time so not sure what to compare it too. I didn't have any maps at the time so the shop was the one that installed the map. The bike seems to be running OK, no pop or hesitation. If the numbers don't look correct should I try another map and if so does someone out there have one? I couldn't find one for my exact configuration. Thanks:notworth:
A lot of that depends on the dyno, and the conditions at the time. If the bike runs well I wouldn't sweat it.

Edit: there is a member called ibrown that you should chat with, he tunes Harleys and knows dynos.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 10 DX and I drilled my exhaust everything else is stock. The HD shop by me was having a bike night with a dyno shot out so I intered by bike I had 111hp and cant remember the Tq but the fuel to air was still good after drilling the pipes. 90 hp sounds a little low for what you have done.

What color is you 11

It's the black denim.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of that depends on the dyno, and the conditions at the time. If the bike runs well I wouldn't sweat it.

Edit: there is a member called ibrown that you should chat with, he tunes Harleys and knows dynos.

Thanks for the info, I just pm'd him.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
one thing is that the numbers on a factory or superflow are about 10 to 15% lower than the numbers on a dyno jet...if the bike was tested on one of those that is about the number you would get..a before base run would have told the story.. i think i would ask them if they have any runs of stock v-rods on their computer that you could compare your runs to..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information. I will find out what dyno machine they have and will go from there. I think I might get the CFR's later on so I'll know if there are any major differences once I install those. The bike seems to be running good so that's what really matters.

It's good to have knowledgeable people on board, thanks again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dyno Sheet

Here is the Dyno sheet with the actual numbers. Up until now the bike is running fine and I don't see any problems but I really don't know much about these numbers (fuel/air ratio) although they do seem to be constant thoughout the rpm range. Don't know if that's good or not.

The bike was still cherry at the time of the Dyno (800 miles). Don't know if that was a factor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
the numbers seem a little low.. but dyno`s all get different numbers.. he was using sae correction factor,, most dyno operators use the stp correction because it is a few percent higher and would probably have shown about 3 more hp..there are 3 runs with a large difference in hp.. what was the setup on each of those runs? i would be curious to see the numbers from a completely stock bike on that dyno.. that would be a good measuring stick to compare your hp to..

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
That's not your run. Look at the date of the run file on the bottom

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Crazy low! My stock (BONE STOCK) 09 AW did 105 at the homecomming at KC. It might run ok, but the tune is leaving out some power. JMHO, Joe

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
That's not your run. Look at the date of the run file on the bottom
it says 2004 best i can see, is that what you see?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Unless the tuner has no idea how to date it, that says 04. Hal is right! Good eye, Hal! Joe

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
it says 2004 best i can see, is that what you see?
Yup, The DRF (dyno run file) is time stamped by the computer time setting when it's saved.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dyno

I had asked them about that and they stated that the tech hadn't set the date parameters.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
I had asked them about that and they stated that the tech hadn't set the date parameters.
with all due respect but if the tech can't set the date on the dyno then i damn sure wouldn't let him tune on MY bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dyno

Yep, I'm with you on that one. I think I'll be taking it somewhere else for another run.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts