Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to find a video clip or a sound clip of a set of V-Modded DX stock pipes. Thanks for the help.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
I don't have a sound clip but I tried 4 different aftermarket exhausts and my stock DX Vmodded sounded better than any of them. It was the most Harley like

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have listened to pretty much every sound clip in 1130cc.com and have found that the V-modded exhausts sound the best (not to mention the cheapest route). Going to have my pipes v-modded next month as well as cutting them in half (makes a huge difference in looks as seen on Dark HD 07's pics) and powder coated. Will post pictures and sound when completed. Question for you guys, what wood look better 1) pipes cut in half and staggered like the stock look or 2) pipes cut the same length?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Bacon said:
I have listened to pretty much every sound clip in 1130cc.com and have found that the V-modded exhausts sound the best (not to mention the cheapest route). Going to have my pipes v-modded next month as well as cutting them in half (makes a huge difference in looks as seen on Dark HD 07's pics) and powder coated. Will post pictures and sound when completed. Question for you guys, what wood look better 1) pipes cut in half and staggered like the stock look or 2) pipes cut the same length?
Thanks Bacon...I tried to keep the slight stock look by cutting them staggered, but if you're going to coat them, a same length cut will look awesome.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Home V-Modded Pipes

Here is a video of my home V-Modded pipes. I made my own baffles and cut all the junk out of the stock cans before having them ceramic coated. I like the sound, not too loud, but loud enough to let everybody hear your Rod! If ya listen close you'll hear it set of the alarm on my Roush. Hope this comes through.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts