Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nothing but Chrome
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent my exhaust to have ChopperSteve put the v-mod touch to them.

Questions.

1. Where is the best place to buy the K&N high volume air filter?

2. I purchased the Chromed billet clamps from HD to put on when the exhaust comes back from Steve. Am I reading the instructions right that the original clamps stay on(go on first and these fit over the top? If this is true, I am having a hard time visualizing how this can be. I would appreciate any tips from anyone who has already done this.

Thank you,
Mike

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
No, I believe you need to take off the old clamps. I put mine on and I did not keep the old clamps on. Takes a little finness. You need to put the clamp on the slip on part and then work it onto the 2nd chamber. Some wd-40 helps tremendously. also, watch to not scratch your swing arm when putting the exhaust on. Be Very careful, they tend to scratch very easily. I think there is a "how to" on getting the exhaust on and off

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
jforbush,

On my old Sportster, I just wrapped them in some low tack adhesive backed auto-mask or wrapped a towel around the pipe and taped it securely on. Be sure to give a good wipedown with denatured alchohol.

I ain't got to "dig in" to my vrod yet!
Gary

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
chromeframe said:
Am I reading the instructions right that the original clamps stay on(go on first and these fit over the top?
Take a look at my description of the operation in the in the "How To" section. But to answer your question - No, you remove the OE clamps, and replace them with the billet ones. After I removed the stock ones, I cleaned and polished them up, and put them in an air-tight plastic bag. Eventually I'll have enough take-off parts to build an entire new V-Rod.

·
Nothing but Chrome
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vroddrew:

I read your post in the how to section. Very detailed.

Any suggestions for the K&N air fllter?

Thank you,
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mike:

I got mine from V-Mod when they did my pipes. Pipes, filter, and PCIIIr all at the same time. It all works and sounds great.

Good luck,
Dale

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
1. Where is the best place to buy the K&N high volume air filter?
Not available directly for K&N yet so a dealer is your only option. Try Hales (www.haleshd.com) for 20% off or just go down to your local dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts