IMO it's not just about being the fastest...and maybe the VMax
IS for the most part...having owned 2 maxes I can tell you what it ISN'T
VRod is a much better cruiser with the longer wheelbase I sit IN mine not ON it
Easier to ride, less tiresome
more laid back with the forward controls...Willie never meant these to have
anything BUT forward controls on them.
The couple years they tried the mid controls
didnt work well.

When I roll into somewhere people always asking about it like "where's the gas cap?"...LOL
My "B" model done in HD Racing Orange with a nice V&H setup looks great
I've tried to explain to some it isn't always about being the fastest, but they just don't seem to get it
Anyone else ever wondered these things?
My trailer hitch cover on my truck says "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand"
Guess that about says it all...Ride Safe!
vrodb.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Man, you said it all ! Plus IMHO the V Rod is MUCH better looking than a V Max - V Rods sexy like the classy woman she is - not a Mad Max brute. I've got the R Model in Orange with mid pegs and fwd. hwy pegs, shortened wheelbase and for me it's the hot ticket. I've never raced a M/C with fwd. controls so I don't feel comfortable on them and I like attacking twisties so mids are a must. Not to say I've never owned a fwd control bike I bought an '03 Anniversary for a great deal, great bike & flipped it - might get a NRS when I get a bit older to enjoy the cruise when I'm done attacking the twisties - Ride On !! (y);)

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,143 Posts
I had a V-Max. Got rid of it for a V-Rod and now am on my 2nd V-Rod. Though, according to motorcycle dot com, the VMAX is history. 2020 is the last year for the VMAX.

·
tbird71
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had two VMaxes as far as everyday criuising the VRod has it beat hands down And SRR is right, VRods ARE much better looking machines...If the VMax were better we'd still have ours wouldn't we
No thanks, I'll stick with my old "VRSCB" Vance & Hines pro model.
I'm not out to brag or impress anyone with the fastest bike. I just want a nice cruiser for the times when I don;t ride the Electra Glide, and the Rod fills that bill nicely

·
Registered
547 Posts
The Same can be said for the Harley Air Cooled Crowd. So lets not be hypocrites. Im glad not everyone is a fan of the VRSC platform and really don't care. I have Bikes from all Stages from a 1964 STOCK FLH PANHEAD, 1977 FXLR, 2007 FUEL INJECTED XL and my 2006 Trubocharged A Model. They each have their unique ride and performance.All a matter of opinion.

·
tbird71
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, you're right on that. Some narrow minded HD guys too.
Personally, I like what fits ME best whatever that is. I do prefer the VRod over the Max
for the reasons above. One Yamaha I still own is a Royal Star Tour Deluxe. IMO their best long distance cruiser.
I give it a slight edge over a Road King also the fact that it;'s thousands less doesn't hurt.

Buy I still like the Ultras and Tri Glides over the others. As with the VRod they just fit ME better

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Same can be said for the Harley Air Cooled Crowd.
I agree although I've run into plenty of air cooled guys who are convinced their Street Glide is the fastest thing on 2 wheels. Even when they couldn't pick a V-Rod out of a line up or confuse it with a Buell.

The V-rod isn't perfect but is is a solid and unique bike and gave us a glimpse of the potential HD help 20 years ago but generally failed to deliver on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts