Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
O you say you really like yours, that is great. Are you running any type of fueler or ecm piggy back device such as the SERT? How much did they run and was the service worth it? Thank you for the input.

Malac

·
Registered
488 Posts
They sound really good, would like to see a dyno run of them, I think you would see a drop in H.P

·
This is Only a Test
284 Posts
That clip can't possibly be a realistic representation of the sound.

Does anybody really wonder why noise abatement laws are coming?

IMHO, un-baffled, straight short V-Rod pipes constitute noise brutality.

Sure, you should be free to do anything you want, if you have a private road course,
and 35,000 people don't have to endure your Sunday afternoon ride.

If you don't care that 35,000 people have to endure your ride,
then, IMHO, that makes you something of a vandal.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
robb2269 said:
Finally a good video of these pipes. With and without baffles. I love mine.:moped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t4dz2VpYSc

OK all i can say is HOLY F**CK!!....those things sound SICK...like a funny car or something!!!

I think they will probably lose abit HP,but probably no different then the Jug Huggers or RIny 2-2 or samson 2-2.....I think most 2-2 pipes lose about 10HP max..

but,for that sound Id almost be willing to try it!...would be nice to see them on a DYNO after a STOCK run with stock pipes,same day dame dyno to compare fairly.

thanks alot for clip,It definitely does them justice for sound!

Dan

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love mine and they sound just like that video. I always said they sound like a dragster. I'm running with baffles, PC III, topless with the map Toxic gave me and a K&N air filter. I have not Dyno'd yet because I'm adding the ram airbox from JE Illusions this winter. So Dyno in spring. The pipes cost me $425 plus $65 for baffles. I don't feel any power loss. Very happy. If you order with heatshields they attach them with allen screws if you order later you get clamps. I don't have the heat shields because I went with flat black check my gallery. I don't notice the heat except at a red light.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Robb.....

I was just wondering is there any type of bracket anywhere that lends support to these?....or are they ONLY attached at the outlet by the two 13mm nuts?....

if so...they must be rather lightweight to not need more support..

thanks,they sound awesome!
dan

·
Hopefully Lost
162 Posts
Those are great looking and sounding!!! very curious if you ever get them dyno'd. Do you have a picture looking straight forward from the back of the bike? They look pretty close to the bike which I like.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NOS-DAN said:
Robb.....

I was just wondering is there any type of bracket anywhere that lends support to these?....or are they ONLY attached at the outlet by the two 13mm nuts?....

if so...they must be rather lightweight to not need more support..

thanks,they sound awesome!
dan
They mount to the jugs of coarse and they mount to the top engine mount bracket bolt swing arm bolt. They are light too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BWild4Life151 said:
Those are great looking and sounding!!! very curious if you ever get them dyno'd. Do you have a picture looking straight forward from the back of the bike? They look pretty close to the bike which I like.
Check my gallery out for a few pictures. also check Toxic on ebay I think they have more pictures. someone has them on a dx from behind here too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts