Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some info on V & H power shots pipes. About 2 weeks ago I ordered these pipes from the dealer..He gave me a price and then I asked him if I needed anything else to go with the pipes and what was involved in remaping the bike for the pipes. He told me I should purchase a new air filter and it would take 1/2 hour to map the bike..
This was fine but 2 days ago I was told by the dealer I need to purchase a $245.00 chip for the pipes.. Well Im not impress with them thats for sure..Those any one know anything about this chip, whats it called and do I really need it..Can I do this myself I ussualy do all my mechanical work on all my rides but since this calls for maping witch I am not familiar with that is why I was going to the dealer..Are the Power shots good pipes..

Radar.........

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Radarod said:
Need some info on V & H power shots pipes. About 2 weeks ago I ordered these pipes from the dealer..He gave me a price and then I asked him if I needed anything else to go with the pipes and what was involved in remaping the bike for the pipes. He told me I should purchase a new air filter and it would take 1/2 hour to map the bike..
This was fine but 2 days ago I was told by the dealer I need to purchase a $245.00 chip for the pipes.. Well Im not impress with them thats for sure..Those any one know anything about this chip, whats it called and do I really need it..Can I do this myself I ussualy do all my mechanical work on all my rides but since this calls for maping witch I am not familiar with that is why I was going to the dealer..Are the Power shots good pipes..

Radar.........
Hey Radarod,

You will need to replace the air filter with the screamin eagle air filter. You DO NOT NEED TO get the ECM upgrade (remap) if you simply buy a power commander. The PC3r(power commander) is going for $259.00 on Ebay. If you do not use a power commander you will need the remap which should not cost you more than $150.00. As far as the Power Shots they are almost identical to the SE 16 guage pipes made by HD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts