Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my bike back from the stealership and other than what it cost me, I'm pretty happy. I bought the Vance & Hines 2 into 1 pipe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-ROD-VRSC-VANCE-HINES-HARLEY-Chrome-2-1-Exhaust-/150377661259?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230335034b

and had the bike dyno tuned with a SERT and went topless. The numbers with the D&D slash cut slip ons and the snorkle top on went from 103.12 HP/68.69 Tq to 104.19 HP/74.85 Ft. Lbs. Torque. I gained one horse power and 6.17 pounds of torque. First I want to say that as I learned on this forum, Dynamat or some sound deadening insulation is definately needed. Without it the bike is all induction noise to the point that it overcomes the pipe and the pipe isn't all that quiet. The bike pulls much harder after only one ride and was smooth with no flat spots up to 120 mph. I was not able to find Dynamat anywhere without buying an entire kit for a car at about $120 so I found a product called "Stinger, Expert Road Kill" which is an aluminum faced sticky gel type insulation and although it's pretty thin it worked 100%. Now I can barely hear the suction through the breather cover. At my age this is all the power I want in this bike, believe me. Much more power than I need but I've always believed that the power you don't need is the best power there is. By the way, I paid $399 with free shipping for the pipe.
Respectfully,
Ed

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
congrats... That's a healthy bump in the torque curve, and that's the most important thing in my book.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...........

The bike pulls much harder and after I insulated the tin over the air filter, I love the sound of the pipe. The bike was sick fast before for a V Twin and now power wise, it's more than I will ever need. I thought about a Trask Turbo but realized that it would be much better to put that cash towards another V Rod so I would always have a bike to ride no matter what happens (other than an injury crash and I've already had one of those).
Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts