Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Fuel Pak off another member and tried to install it. I have a corbin seat and can't find a place for the module or the wiring harness connection. First do they make a special version of the FP for the R that has longer cables? Does anyone have a Corbin seat and use one of these? If so can you post a picture of the install?

Thanks.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I'm not sure what yours looks like, but my Gil's Box attaches vertically with velcro to the back of the lower plastic air box cover (right above the rear cylinder head.

·
Proud R Pilot
372 Posts
SPEC ED said:
Mine is stuffed between the gas tank and rear fender liner
:them:

·
Registered
6 Posts
fuelpac

I also have the Corbin seat.

I had to put the Harley TSSM turn signal security module under the fender support and flatten the sheet metal brackets. I was able to slide the TSSM under the flat sheet metal panel. It will only go under one direction. Leave the wire bundle attached. Mounted TSSM with lots of velcro and wire tie. The fuel pac connectors were tucked flat with wire ties over flattened brackets. I also had to slide the fuel pac control panel under the flat sheet metal panel and mount with velcro. It is easy to pull it out for tuning. At first I thought there was no way I could get it to work. Sort of dissappointing. I am not crazy about the TSSM module sort of dangling below the fender support. So far no trouble with it after 2 hard and long rides.

Fuel pac runs great with the Vance and Hines 2 into 1 and K&N filter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
orangestreetr said:
I also have the Corbin seat.

I had to put the Harley TSSM turn signal security module under the fender support and flatten the sheet metal brackets. I was able to slide the TSSM under the flat sheet metal panel. It will only go under one direction. Leave the wire bundle attached. Mounted TSSM with lots of velcro and wire tie. The fuel pac connectors were tucked flat with wire ties over flattened brackets. I also had to slide the fuel pac control panel under the flat sheet metal panel and mount with velcro. It is easy to pull it out for tuning. At first I thought there was no way I could get it to work. Sort of dissappointing. I am not crazy about the TSSM module sort of dangling below the fender support. So far no trouble with it after 2 hard and long rides.

Fuel pac runs great with the Vance and Hines 2 into 1 and K&N filter.

Thank you for the info. I figured the only way it would work would be moving the TSSM. I'm leaning toward selling the Fuel pak and sticking with the PCIII or just going with the SERT and not worring about an additional module. If the cables were only an inch longer :banghead:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cdale136 said:
Thank you for the info. I figured the only way it would work would be moving the TSSM. I'm leaning toward selling the Fuel pak and sticking with the PCIII or just going with the SERT and not worring about an additional module. If the cables were only an inch longer :banghead:

I might be speaking out of turn, since I don't have any specific knowledge of these units, but wouldn't it be easier to cut and splice longer wires into the Fuel Pak harness to extend it anywhere you find convenient, than get another unit? I'd use the same gauge wires for the extension, solder the joints and either use shrink wrap or carefully tape the joints and new wires. I can't see any downside to it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just Plain Bill said:
I might be speaking out of turn, since I don't have any specific knowledge of these units, but wouldn't it be easier to cut and splice longer wires into the Fuel Pak harness to extend it anywhere you find convenient, than get another unit? I'd use the same gauge wires for the extension, solder the joints and either use shrink wrap or carefully tape the joints and new wires. I can't see any downside to it.

The down side would be that there are probably about 20 wires in each of the two bundles which would need extended. Any time you splice a wire you bring in the chance of corrosion that could eventually cause a bad connection. I do a lot of long distance riding by myself and reliability is my first priority. I am currently running a PC 3 that is working great and has wires long enough to tuck it in nice spot. (no map for the V&H though) The SERT eliminates an additional module by just re-maping the existing CPU. I got a good price on the Fuel Pak so if I end up not using it I'll just sell it to another member.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts