Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
this fuel pak is used on 2002 to 2010 (still testing being done on 2011) and I think is one of the only piggy-back tuners that has you keep your 02 sensors plugged in......These units need no dyno tune and are sent with instructions to plug into your ECU and program.....I am a dealer for them and am glad to help answer any questions you have... I have not installed one, maybe a member that runs one can post up here....

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
I have one as a backup tuner and it serves it purpose. If you like a really fine tune or like to tweak, then it is not for you. V&H give parameters to change and that is it.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
this fuel pak is used on 2002 to 2010 (still testing being done on 2011) and I think is one of the only piggy-back tuners that has you keep your 02 sensors plugged in......These units need no dyno tune and are sent with instructions to plug into your ECU and program.....I am a dealer for them and am glad to help answer any questions you have... I have not installed one, maybe a member that runs one can post up here....
I don't see how that would work, as the tuner adds fuel the ECM is going to take it away. If it did manage to get the mix below 13.9:1 the O2 sensors would throw an out of range code.
Perhaps the tuner takes over the O2 sensors entirely?

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
the tuner i sell made by dobeck performace ,EJK, allows the O2 sensors to be plugged in also.http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146140 heres the thread about it.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Do you have a link that explains how the EJK unit works with the O2 sensors? I can't find much on their site, but the instillation instructions say to remove the O2 sensors and use the supplied bypass plugs.
on the gen3 it has a bypass kit. the 3.5 works with the O2 sensors. this is a question that i was asked by a forum member and the answer that dallas from dobecks sent me. i'll be the first to admit that some of this is hard for my little brain can process.

i'll go straight to the source and get you an answer monday if this isn't in depth enough.

How do the O2 sensors integrate with this unit? Is it similar to an auto tune function or just an additional trim to the settings you have established in the box?
This depends on the application, but is not to be thought of as an auto tune function. Most of the applications dealing with O2 sensors is just a matter of interacting with the signal to actually allow fuel adjustment within the entire drive cycle.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
on the gen3 it has a bypass kit. the 3.5 works with the O2 sensors. this is a question that i was asked by a forum member and the answer that dallas from dobecks sent me. i'll be the first to admit that some of this is hard for my little brain can process.

i'll go straight to the source and get you an answer monday if this isn't in depth enough.

How do the O2 sensors integrate with this unit? Is it similar to an auto tune function or just an additional trim to the settings you have established in the box?
This depends on the application, but is not to be thought of as an auto tune function. Most of the applications dealing with O2 sensors is just a matter of interacting with the signal to actually allow fuel adjustment within the entire drive cycle.
It will give you a headache for sure. I've been reading about this stuff for two years and I'm still vague on parts of it. Speaking of vague, the answer you got from Dobeck is a text book example. The question I'm looking to get answered is, does the EJK 3.5 use the stock O2 sensors? Are they connected to the stock ECM or to the EGK? If they are used, how do they get AFR's below 13.9 to 1?

If they've cracked the code on that, it's a pretty darn good tuner.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
It will give you a headache for sure. I've been reading about this stuff for two years and I'm still vague on parts of it. Speaking of vague, the answer you got from Dobeck is a text book example. The question I'm looking to get answered is, does the EJK 3.5 use the stock O2 sensors? Are they connected to the stock ECM or to the EGK? If they are used, how do they get AFR's below 13.9 to 1?

If they've cracked the code on that, it's a pretty darn good tuner.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
i ain't gonna bullshit you, i'm not sure i comprehend it 100%. BUT the 3.5 is actually connected in between the sensor and the EJK as is the injectors. and the way i understand it, is the factory settings is a programmed 14.7(desired afr) a narrow band sensor can adjust only maybe .3 or .4 up or down. so with the EJK plugged in it make the ecm "think" its at 14.7 and actually its a 14.3. so after install of the performance parts it would go from 14.7 to 15.0. but with the manipulation it brings it to the programmed 14.7 or there abouts by what the ecm is seeing. but actually if you had a afr meter on it, it will read 14.3. did that make any sense?

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
just throwing this out there, i have a gen 3 made by DP in the classifides now if anyone is interested :hidesbeh:

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
is it a EJK or a TFI.? TFI is gen2 EJK is gen3 and 3.5.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
just wait til the 4.0 comes out, then we'll have the POWERLAB software and you can change the parameters yourself and instead of it being a 2% increase in changes that the EJK is programmed for, but you can change it 1% per adjustment.

you can order the 3.5 with a function to control NOS and when the NOS is activated the tuner will add the desired fuel in the necessary mode/modes upon activation.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
that looks like the EJK gen3. does it connect to O2 sensors? if it does then its a 3.5.. does it connect to any other sensor like maybe the TPS along with the injectors?

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
nope, no O2 ports. 3 plugs, 2 for the injectors and one for the Boss Noss smart box. Oh ya and also a ground. No TPS port also.

I wonder why it has TFI printed on it?

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
it resembles the gen3.0 but i'd have to ask dallas or kalan if it operates the same as a labeled gen3.0. gimme a part number and i'll call monday if you like.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts