Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
Yes after you cut and weld it so its angeled different, otherwise you can't make right turns, ceramic black coating would look even better!!!!!!!

·
I spit Hot Fire!!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would I need to cut and turn the pipe? It looks like it would be fine as is.

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
Vaders Rod said:
Why would I need to cut and turn the pipe? It looks like it would be fine as is.

It's not fine, a couple guys on here have the pipe and it's not streetable, bad v-r, bproulxvrod are the two I think of off the bat, they had to cut it and turn or angle it different, something so they could make right hand turns. That's what I know, so take it for what it's worth.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
nic_a_bod said:
Yes after you cut and weld it so its angeled different, otherwise you can't make right turns, ceramic black coating would look even better!!!!!!!

V&H should refab it.......it is not like rebuilding the wheel...it is a no brainer

:deal:

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
TEJASPECIAL said:
V&H should refab it.......it is not like rebuilding the wheel...it is a no brainer

:deal:

It's not made for a street bike, it's for the destroyer so...... them redoing it isn't going to happen cuz it wasn't made for that

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
it won't work on the street and I couldn't even get the dealer to sell me one. It sounded like there may be some sort of a propriatary issue with parts from the destroyer. ?

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
traktime said:
it won't work on the street and I couldn't even get the dealer to sell me one. It sounded like there may be some sort of a propriatary issue with parts from the destroyer. ?

Yeah my local dealer try telling me all the bullshit also when I wanted to buy the crank, told me I couldn't get it, so I called hales and they had no problem with selling me one.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
fab-a-mundo

nic_a_bod said:
It's not made for a street bike, it's for the destroyer so...... them redoing it isn't going to happen cuz it wasn't made for that

oh yeah.....you are talkin'to an old pipefitter....Union Local 146 Steamfitters and Pipefitters, Fort Worth, Texas....did my first year apprentice at GM Arlington Assembly Plant...I used to cut and weld up anything......

:rofl:

disclaimer:::that was many moons ago :angeldev:

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Even after I cut it the front head pipe still scrapes the ground. Ask the CT/MA guys who I went on a ride with today..........right hand turns suck :barf:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts