Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my buddy and I installed the Vance and Hines comp series pipe yesterday. The exhaust flange is tight but it does not touch the head, there is about 1/4" or less gap between the two. Is this normal? Seems like it should touch the head all the way around it when tight.

2013 NRS
V&H Comp Series 2 into 1
New Exhaust gaskets # 64971-09
New clips

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is making me think the header is not fully seated into the head. Also, as you know the oe exhaust is tapered/rounded at the end and the gaskets are the same. The V&H keeps the same profile all the way to the end (no taper). Seems like V&H should make their header taper to match the gasket.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also only got the nut on to the point that the stud is flush with the top of the nut. felt tight and didn't want to damage the stud so I stopped there.
Since there has been no replies, I'll assume I'm the first to install this exhaust system and all others can learn from my experience/mistakes or triumphs..LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey go fast06 here ,put the same V & H style pipe on my 06 V-Rod . I thought the same thing when I mounted mine up but it seats like that . Just don't overtighten those flange nuts! check em every so often. Love the sound !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Air Ride Help

Ride a 06 V-Rod with a 240 kit in back but next on my list of goodies is a air ride system anybody have any recommendations or experiences with the air ride kits out there ? Any help is greatly appreciated !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts