Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

V&H 2 into 1 & Fuelpak

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  WEATHERMAN 
#1 ·
Installed the V&H 2 into 1 pipes along with the V&H Fuelpak today and am totally satisfied. The sound is throaty and not too loud until you rap the throttle. Seems as though the low end power had come alive with no noticable loss at any rpmnrange. I Set the fuelpak to V&H's recommendations and no issues whatsoever. Fired it up and it ran fantastic.

I'd highly recommend these for those that are looking to ditch those stock heavy cans and unlock the sound of their rod. Installation instructions are detailed with helpful diagrams.

I got a really good price from rob at robs cycle supply who has offered group buy prices on Rhineharts. Unbelievable price, lightning fast shipping, and great email communications. Ordered and paid via PayPal last sunday and had them in hand friday afternoon with Monday as a holiday. Rob's the man!

See ya at the Homecoming!

#2 ·
Parallel Universe

I also installed my new V&H 2-1 one and Fuel-Pak Today (thank you for the gift honey), and I am also a satisfied customer. No install issues, Fuel-Pak is basicly plug and play, and sound is great. Nice low tone ( way louder than stock) at idle, but really howls 5K+! We'll see if I gained any top end, but I gained good power everywhere else, It's perfect for what I do, torment R1s. I can't wait for my Ducati freinds to hear it, They'll CRAP, Termignoni my A$$!:guns

#4 ·
I also installed this combo this past week with good results. Just for the record, I weighed the systems. The V&H saves 11 pounds off of stock weight.

Also got rid of most of that "heat shield ticking" noise you get when you shut the motor down.:)

Attachments

#6 ·
sveinn said:
Is that your custom saddlebag support? I was wondering about clearance with the saddlebags.

Russ
Bags and supports are the factory units. Clearance is 3 inches.

#7 ·
I'd really love to see how much power this thing is picking up. I'm also looking for something REALLY LOUD though. I'm kinda leaning toward a TurboTec pipe which is a similar style, but I'd like it "up-swept" like th V&H. I read a review that said the TurboTec made 12-14HP and was one of the loudest pipes out there. Perfect if I can get it bent to be upswept.

#8 ·
V&H plus Fulepak

Just installed mine and love the look and sound. However, I am having trouble keeping the bike alive at a stop. The idle bounces between 500 and 1500 rpm and dies. I am unplugging the Fuelpak and just bought a different one to see if that helps. I also painted my pipe black which looks killer on my NightRod.

#9 ·
i-rod said:
Just installed mine and love the look and sound. However, I am having trouble keeping the bike alive at a stop. The idle bounces between 500 and 1500 rpm and dies. I am unplugging the Fuelpak and just bought a different one to see if that helps. I also painted my pipe black which looks killer on my NightRod.

Got pictures? What did you use to paint it black?

:worthless

#12 ·
I just got my new Vance and Hines on.

I am running with a PCIII.

I am in love with the sound, I can't wait to get it out on the road tomorrow and rip it up.

I have been out of riding for the past few weeks, repairing the bike from my first wreck, so I am going nutz, having to wait until tomorrow to ride.

Morf

#13 ·
Anyone know of any sound clips of this pipe?

#15 ·
I have had three different setups on my D. I will try to get a scan of the dyno results, but the dyno runs for the Rinehart 2 into 1 were very similar to the V&H 2 into 1. The Rinehart had a little blip at the top end making it appear to have a little more hp, but the curves right up to almost 9k were close. If you want loud its the Riney. After being at KC with all of the V's, i would say it is the quietest aftermarket pipe. Probably just a little bit better than the stock pipes with the holes drilled in it. I have tried all of the sound clips, there are some on the forum, but you really can't tell from them. It is all personal preference. Man what a noise when a bunch of V's left Basswood.

#17 ·
V&H 2into ! and Power?

Have had the V&H 2 into 1 pipes and Fuelpak on for about a month and I can attest to the fact that the bike's low end was really awakened. By how much I don't know but it's very noticable when riding. These bikes are so lean from the factory they lope and chug miserably at low rpms, but not any more.

Love the pipes. Looks, sound, and quality. No issues whatsoever.

BTW...What a Blast Homecoming was!!! What a great group! Already looking forward to the 08 Homecoming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.