Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Muscle with a 2-into-1 V&H Competition exhaust on it. The exhaust came on the bike when I bought it 2 years ago. Last August I noticed that when the bike gets up to running temp there is fluid bubbling where the header comes across and over the clutch cover. I noticed that the exhaust pipe actually is pressed against the cover quite tightly. I'm not entirely sure but I think there should be a little bit of clearance between the pipe and the cover... I'm thinking the heat and pressure from the pipe, which is like an inferno yet doesn't glow red or anything but hot as hell, may have caused a small crack in the cover. Anyone experience this or have any advice. I contacted V&H but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Thanks all!

·
Registered
511 Posts
The rear pipe does appear to be closer than I like for a exhaust. It looks like if the collector mounting can be spaced away a bit (loosen the exhaust flanges) the pipe can be rotated for added clearance. Tighten the exhaust flanges after you accomplish the needed angle and spacing for better clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts