Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
electric soup
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive taken the plunge and have been promised that the 2-1 will be here this coming wednesday.

I swore after my R that this bike would remain stock, but I am weak and pathetic............so the first round of X mods begins!

Am going to try out the fuelpack and have whined on to V&H that I want their setttings from Andrew Hines's bike.

I just needed to get more noise out of this damn fine motorcycle!

naturally pics will be posted next friday when done.

Anyone else running this pipe on their X?

NOW ON see post #4

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is it here yet? What does it sound like most importantly! Looks good on pics - in the flesh?...Not seen one on a bike at all. Waiting for the next installment!

·
electric soup
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The screamin eagle screams!

2-1 is on!

The V&H pipe is a quality piece of kit, nice finish and makes a damn fine sound.............it sounds pretty close to the supertrapp I had on my streetrod. More of a roaring boom than the traditional harley aircooled sound, but this is a VROD!

At last my bike sounds like it should.

Unfortunately i haven't taken it for a decent run as it is pissing with rain (again!) but the fuelpak seems to be running just fine with the settings from V&H.

am well pleased with this exhaust

sorry about the crappy mobile photographs

Attachments

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
scottish R said:
2-1 is on!

The V&H pipe is a quality piece of kit, nice finish and makes a damn fine sound.............it sounds pretty close to the supertrapp I had on my streetrod. More of a roaring boom than the traditional harley aircooled sound, but this is a VROD!

Unfortunately i haven't taken it for a decent run as it is pissing with rain (again!) but the fuelpak seems to be running just fine with the settings from V&H.

Got any soundbites of it running?

·
Registered
494 Posts
scottish R said:
2-1 is on!

The V&H setup looks good on the X - nice ride!

Your Supertrapp looked like a Kess-Tech pipe - was it?

·
electric soup
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fletch said:
The V&H setup looks good on the X - nice ride!

Your Supertrapp looked like a Kess-Tech pipe - was it?

It was the kess tech...........and it was a total mare to fit, ended up having to get a custom heat shield made, and was never quite happy with it............the V&H is way better!

·
Registered
494 Posts
scottish R said:
It was the kess tech...........and it was a total mare to fit, ended up having to get a custom heat shield made, and was never quite happy with it............the V&H is way better!
Thanks - good to know what NOT to try . . .

·
Registered
922 Posts
That pipe looks great! what does the rear mount to? Does it use the stock bracket?

·
chris top her
2,779 Posts
i have been running this pipe for months on my 1250 night rod. i have pics, soundbytes, and my SERT map posted on the forum.... do a historical check of my posts and look in my gallery to find them. the map is in the EFI section. if you have any questions, email me at [email protected] i am currently deployed and it is a pain to get on the forum....

chris

·
151 Posts
The pipe looks good Gus. Hope to meet you soon and hear the sound from that pipe - Aviemore maybe?
Glad to hear the mods have started.

·
electric soup
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VRSCXnelly said:
The pipe looks good Gus. Hope to meet you soon and hear the sound from that pipe - Aviemore maybe?
Glad to hear the mods have started.

Cheers mate!

I am going up to Aviemore on Saturday, arriving probably around 10/11am, just in time for the ride out.

Hope to see you around.........and by the way don't wear the SE jacket as I have one too.........lol.....the X twins! ridiculous!

The forecast is looking ok so far!

·
151 Posts
scottish R said:
Cheers mate!

I am going up to Aviemore on Saturday, arriving probably around 10/11am, just in time for the ride out.

Hope to see you around.........and by the way don't wear the SE jacket as I have one too.........lol.....the X twins! ridiculous!

The forecast is looking ok so far!
Will look out for you and will have the camera ready. Looking forward to it - first drink on me.

p.s. - Unfortunately my bike will have the Sundowner seats and sissy bar etc on. I am taking tools to remove the hideous pannier rack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts