Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at a project bike and I need a new fuel sending unit. Can’t fix the old one as it has been removed and I don’t have it.
Can I use aunit from a newer bike (2013) and install it on the older bike (2004). Will the 3 gas connectors work?
I can manually connect the wires.
I’m not interested in the gas gauge working I just want to be able to fire the engine up and get the bike running. If the fuel pump and connectors are compatible that’s enough for me. Any help is appreciated.
thank you

correct unit
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Bicycle part Bicycle tire

2013 unit
Gas Rim Wire Audio equipment Auto part

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the same, besides the fittings, vent and connector the newer style are held in place with a ring and screws.... old style had screw cap.......... try fleabay unless someone here has a spare they are "collecting"
Are the gas fittings the same? I know the electric connector is different I can fix that. Don’t need it held in place as bike won’t move. Don’t care about gauges. Only need to install to start bike and check motor.

· Registered
887 Posts
🤪........ as far as just starting the motor, you could just pickup some of the correct size lines with the correct flare (junk yard/ auto store or flare your own) wire up a fuel pump that puts out 60psi+ and fire it up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts