Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a used V-Rod for sale at the "Used Cruiser" store near my house. Has a chrome plated "tank" (no emblems) radiator shrouds and fenders, stock seat, pipes. I'll find out what they are asking tonight on the way home. This store has several used metric cruisers, Beemers, etc.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just checked. He sold it for $15K. It has chrome wheels in addition to what I listed above. He says he gets them from the HD finance office here in Dallas. Repos I guess. This one had 1900 miles on it and full warranty. The number is 972-424-1515 / Classic Motors / Alex, if anyone wants to check on others. He says he has access.....

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Dan he list those things on ebay all the time.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At least we know he is real. And if someone wants me to go look, just ask. I could walk there from my house (of course, no one in Texas walks anywhere)

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
yeah, we use horses to get around all those tumbleweeds....

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I myself would be very sceptable(spelling)of any type of repo.Who knows what happened to the bike before and during the repo. process.Owner could've beaten the heck out of it knowing that sooner or later it was gonna get repoed.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know, but mine was the dealer's demo. 3500 miles on it when I got it. Coming up on 9K and absolutely no problems, doesn't burn ANY oil, and no leaks. Maybe I was lucky. I have rented cars that I wasn't all that careful ("its a rental"). We have all been there. But it sure looked good!!

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
hey daniii... I owned a former rental car. one of the best used cars I have ever had.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
vrodvinny said:
I myself would be very sceptable(spelling)of any type of repo.Who knows what happened to the bike before and during the repo. process.Owner could've beaten the heck out of it knowing that sooner or later it was gonna get repoed.
Describe "beating the heck out of it" :confused: It would probably describe one of my sessions on a dyno :)

Cosmetics are obvious and easily fixable and with all the engine controls as well as the factory warranty I don't see how you could get hurt on a 1900 mile bike.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I wasn't referring to that bike.Just in general repoed vehicles have a higher chance of being used for more than what they were intended to be.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He said it was sold to a guy from Singapore, who is living temporarily in Houston. I suspect Max is right - E-Bay was probably involved. Business is good, however, he sold 35 bikes so far in December. Mostly metric cruisers. Had a couple of Ducati's on the floor, though. And a nice looking Beemer.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just FYI, if anyone is interested there is a bike for sale on eBay only 7 miles from where I live, and it appears to be a legitimate auction. I also posted in the, classified section that I would be willing to picking it up and store it for a short time if anyone is interested. Just looks like a good deal.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts