Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a 2009 muscle with less than a 1000 miles with abs and security for $13,000. would this be a good buy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Steal

found a 2009 muscle with less than a 1000 miles with abs and security for $13,000. would this be a good buy.
That's an absolute STEAL! If your serious, snatch that bike immediately even @ that price, you'll be happy you did. That's a brand new machine (if it hasn't been "laid down"), not even broken in miles-wise. JR

·
Registered
164 Posts
thats about average from what i see. search cycle trader and dont not specify a zip code. this will show the listings from everywhere. with the 2011msrp reduced 2k, the older models have gone much cheaper. although the 13k is not a bad deal, i have seen cheaper on cycle trader in as new condition. the economy is in the tank. its a buyers market

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
talked to the guy and it has less than 500 miles and never been laid down. been garage kept and all stock. he also would meet me half way to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
offer the man 12 be ready with money it would be a good deal for both of you. you dont pay for extra dealer charges and he gets it sold right away. how far away is he from you? dealers will most likey deal tomorrow keep from paying inventory tax.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he is 3hrs away and doesnt have the title because of the loan. he said it would take a couple of weeks to get it. i was going to pay cash but it is scary not having the title going across state lines. think not getting the title right then is a problem?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Who has the title?
If its a bank, have him call the bank and make arrangements to have the title in a specific branch on a specific day. you go with him, pay off the loan and leave with the title. I have done that before.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he can get the title and would throw in a brand new smart siren, a bald eagle horn cover, and passenger seat if i pay cash. deal is looking pretty sweet.

·
Speed Freak
88 Posts
Don't hand over any cash without a title present! Otherwise sounds like a good deal.

My dad (many years ago) got a "great deal" on a 69 Jaguar XK E-type. $500 up front and another $500 when the guy came back with the title. The guy never came back with the title. When my dad took it in for service a few months later it was discovered to be stolen. Lost the car and the money.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i will make him have the title in hand then for sure. maybe even get the vin number early and call the sheriff dept to make sure its good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I paid around $13,250 for my 09 V Rod Muscle- that price included tax/tag/title/HD sissy bar with install from HD in Brandon. I had looked for a few months and the price I paid out the door was better than I expected. They originally asked for far more but I just threw out my max price and 3 hrs later I got it :) Funny enough I used the oney I saved to order my stage one stuff from FuelMoto. Life is good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts