Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get to a Bike Rally outside of the UK this year so 2011 i've promised myself a good one. Lithuania is hosting the European Rally this year but I have a notion to go to the US.
I'd be flying over over and renting a bike.
Criteria is :
1. Stunning scenery from wherever I rent the bike to wherever the Rally is.
2.Good people without attitudes - i'm not really into the biker lifestyle bandana 'I'm Bad' (copyright Richard Pryor) thing....
3.Did I mention stunning scenery?

So.
Where should I go?

Steve

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,391 Posts
Midwest Thunder at the end of June - Niles Michigan... Plenty of stunning scenery there..:angeldev:

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
Southern California :) nice to ride almost all year long. Best scenery. the closest rally i suggest around CA is Laughlin, Nevada (i think its in March/April 2011) and you can take the famous route 66 too...

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Midwest Thunder at the end of June - Niles Michigan... Plenty of stunning scenery there..:angeldev:
That works on so many levels:
1.I can hum 'Indiana wants me' as i'm going along
2.I can take in some Chicago Blues
3.I can pop over to Detroit for some of that MC5 vibe
4.I can try and find a bit of Route 66 just so I can sau i've been there :)

Right.
So tell me more about MWT - is it camping or motels?

·
brett
9,338 Posts
make it international ,my wife and i are flying over from australia for mwt6,and know of others that are making a special effort to get there next year ,do it do it do it ,

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
How many days and how much $ you gonna have? I'd say rent somewhere in CA and follow the PCH north. See the Sequoia Nat'l Park, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker, head up through BC to Japser and the Columbian Ice Fields, back down to Lake Louise, Banff, Calgary, Glacier Nat'l Park, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, catch a rodeo in Cody, ride across Wyoming to Devil's Tower, and on to the Sturgis Rally in early August. Now THAT's stunning. You may never want to leave the Canadian Rockies.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
if you get anywhere near eureka springs arkansas you need to go if only for a day... love riding over there.. plus there are a few forum guys there that are pretty fun to hang out with..

·
Black & Chrome
353 Posts
I've been to midwest thunder, its a good time for sure. but I would recommend going to deals gap in North Carolina. Stunning scenery is an understatement for that area. the most boring road in that area is more exciting to ride than the best road in southern Michigan/northern Indiana.

Plus if your looking for good people with out the attitudes, nothing beats southern hospitality.

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Mmm donut...
48 Posts
if you get anywhere near eureka springs arkansas you need to go if only for a day... love riding over there.. plus there are a few forum guys there that are pretty fun to hang out with..
I rode out of Eureka Springs earlier this year. We could have spent our entire weekend just on the run between ES and Gateway...

The Jasper Disaster route out of Harrison is great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts