Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im trying to install my power commander, however, there is not enough room under the side cover for all of the stock wires plus the pciii connector. i watched the install video but it seems my bike has more wires in there than the video on the site. Its getting dark out and might start to rain. Would like to finish this quick if anyone had this problem and knows what to do it would be awesome if you could give me a call. 908-419-8726. Thanks a lot!!!

Lou

here are pics of whats going on

Attachments

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
You just have to get the wires lined up just right, it is a tight fit and quite frankly a PITA.

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
I'm out of town and can't look at my bike but I know one of my connecters is lying on top of the battery housing. It seemed to block some of the opening of the air box snorkel so I went topless but things seem to fit fine under the left side cover. The PC was already installed when I bought the bike so I'm not sure how everything is routed without being able to look at it.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I have my connector laying on top of the battery. It all couldn't fit behind the cover on my 06D.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,170 Posts
If you go topless you gain room if I remember correctly. I now have the SERT - would never go back to the PCIII.

I think after going topless you can push the wires over where the airbox cover snorkel lies.

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys everything ended up being ok, thanks to everyone who offered to help, i noticed this tube hanging underneath my bike right near the bottom of the gas tank anyone know what it is or what its supposed to be connected to? what a night....

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
could be the overflow/vent tube, not 100%, but maybe someone could verify.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Man you have to love this site! Where else can you get a group of people together to talk about V-RODS.

·
'06 night rod
567 Posts
congrats on your new title, your majesty!

·
Registered
661 Posts
lou, I was working on my bike today and noticed that same hose(blk with green stripe)is connected to my fuel flange, it's the overflow/vent tube, it's suppose to be there. Just make sure it's not being crushed or no kinks in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts