Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Widdlewunn mounted his mirrors upside down... I understand the logic now, its easier to see them without having to pull your elbows in all the time.

Looks great...

Just out of curiousity, the only inverted mirrors I've seen are the stock mirrors, have you seen any pictures of custom mirrors inverted, like my Arlen Ness Blackness Rad II mirrors?

I was curious how these might look upside down, but dont want to go through the hassle of undoing everything only to put it back if I dont like it....

Upside down on these might be kinda cool too??? On top they're low enough with about a cm clearance of my gloved nuckles... Eh, maybe I should leave well enough alone?

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I flipped mine and it makes a huge difference. The stock mirrors are parabolic so you have a broader range of veiw. A flat glass mirror is more acurate in term of how close something is. Once you get used to the veiw in the stock mirror its fine. I have found that riding two up I see my wifes knee in some fo the mirror. Clearnce with the stockers id no problem. i used the HD relocation kit for the blinkers. Others found kits that mount the blinker closer to the tree. Goodluck and I would do it again. I have that under the bar mirror on my 1981. Drag bars are tough.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks LIUNARep,

You guys are awesome!

That looks bad as hell!

Another Quick question... okay, so I use the front turn signal relocation kit... fine. But then what do you use on top as a bolt to bolt the mirrors down with? What kind of nut did you use?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Another Quick question... okay, so I use the front turn signal relocation kit... fine. But then what do you use on top as a bolt to bolt the mirrors down with? What kind of nut did you use?
I mounted the mirrors by removing the stud from the billet stem. Then you can buy a hex cap-head screw that fits the thread pattern and fits inside the turn signal relocation bracket. Does that make sense?

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
The turn signal relocation kit should come with two acorn nuts.. You could aways use those.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mark Ducati said:

This thread has what I did. http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72001

I actually like this look better than some of those long acorn nuts I've seen holding some mirrors on, but the acorn nut would probably look better if your mirrors are upsidedown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts