Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, IM NEW TO THIS FORUM, IVE BEEN THINKING ALLOT ABOUT RUSSIAN ROULLETTE ... IVE BOUGHT MY V-ROD ON MARCH 19TH IN FLORENCE ALABAMA. I RODE IT FOR 2 DAYS THEN MOVED TO MONTREAL, CANADA.
SINSE THEN IM NOT ALLOWED TO PLATE MY BIKE BECAUSE IM WAITING FOR THE ALABAMA TRANPORT DEPT. TO SEND ME MY TITLE.. ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS IVE BEEN WAITING , STARRING AT MY BIKE,ITS BEEN SO SUNNY AND ALL THE BIKES ARE OUT..STILL NO WORD WHEN ILL GET THE PAPERWORK. :tmbsdow:

·
4,638 Posts
RICK DANGERS said:
HI, IM NEW TO THIS FORUM, IVE BEEN THINKING ALLOT ABOUT RUSSIAN ROULLETTE ... IVE BOUGHT MY V-ROD ON MARCH 19TH IN FLORENCE ALABAMA. I RODE IT FOR 2 DAYS THEN MOVED TO MONTREAL, CANADA.
SINSE THEN IM NOT ALLOWED TO PLATE MY BIKE BECAUSE IM WAITING FOR THE ALABAMA TRANPORT DEPT. TO SEND ME MY TITLE.. ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS IVE BEEN WAITING , STARRING AT MY BIKE,ITS BEEN SO SUNNY AND ALL THE BIKES ARE OUT..STILL NO WORD WHEN ILL GET THE PAPERWORK. :tmbsdow:
Rick Dangers....Ride that mother........With a name like Rick Dangers ......

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
:welcome:

A U.S. government agency that is slow in processing paperwork :eek: that's a shocker

Ride anyway and carry all the proof of ownership paper work that you do have.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
RICK DANGERS said:
UNFORTUNATLY, THEY SEIZE THE BIKE HERE FOR 30 DAYS, AND 800.00 FINE. :boobs:
Only if they can CATCH YOU! :diablo: ;) I have found that Paying the Right Person Enough Money will get You ANYTHING You Want! :sinister:

·
Dr. Funkenstein
557 Posts
Rick,

I grew up in Florence, AL and the gov't is slow as hell down there. I bought a trailer down there and it took about two and a half months to get the damn title so that I could get it registered in IL. I hate it for you man....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its really killing me, i still drive my big enduro,dr 800, it sorta numbs the pain, but the fact is, i paid for the bike in cash, and the harley dealer i bought it off dont want to help me in any way..my first harley , and thats the service i get..i even called customer service at harley and they said that its not a noteworthy complaint.. im about to go postal.

·
Registered
167 Posts
P Funk said:
Rick,

I grew up in Florence, AL and the gov't is slow as hell down there. I bought a trailer down there and it took about two and a half months to get the damn title so that I could get it registered in IL. I hate it for you man....
Huh, here in France it took me 7 months to change my plates from English to French. You need a dealer examination of said vehicle, conformity certificate, tax paid certificate, original purchase document, passport, utility bill, UK vehicle registration document, carte grise application form, lots of smiles at grumpy frumpy bureaucrats and your last golf score card and €300.
Of course, French 'law' states that foreign imported vehicles must have all of this done within 3 months of importation.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Call the governor!!! They love the governor in Alabama...or is that a Skynyrd song? Boycott Catfish!!! Nah that only works for Cesar Chavez and California Table Grapes. Lemme see, call Rosa Parks she knows how to get shit done in Montgomery. Screw that, call the DMV in Alabama Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Divsion, Title Inquiry Phone 334-242-9102 Fax 334-242-0312 get the name of the clerk you talk to, leave a mesage, send a fax with their name, cc it to the head of the DMV, call send email and fax a request every day. I guarantee you that if there is one thing state government workers hate it is to be singled out and highlighted in a citizen/resident's request for service. If you do this you will get your title overnighted to you in less than 48 hours. Othjerwise hire a no nonsense paralegal in Montgomery to go to DMV in person to raise hell. Tell them this is the thanks you get for helping the US Air Force (whether you did or not) Anyone in the AF gets extra special service in Montgomery.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
owenwil said:
Call the governor!!! They love the governor in Alabama...or is that a Skynyrd song? Boycott Catfish!!! Nah that only works for Cesar Chavez and California Table Grapes. Lemme see, call Rosa Parks she knows how to get shit done in Montgomery. Screw that, call the DMV in Alabama Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Divsion, Title Inquiry Phone 334-242-9102 Fax 334-242-0312 get the name of the clerk you talk to, leave a mesage, send a fax with their name, cc it to the head of the DMV, call send email and fax a request every day. I guarantee you that if there is one thing state government workers hate it is to be singled out and highlighted in a citizen/resident's request for service. If you do this you will get your title overnighted to you in less than 48 hours. Othjerwise hire a no nonsense paralegal in Montgomery to go to DMV in person to raise hell. Tell them this is the thanks you get for helping the US Air Force (whether you did or not) Anyone in the AF gets extra special service in Montgomery.
Your Good! :sinister:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenwil

Owenwil... you rock man!!! That was greatness!! :rofl:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey Rick Dangers.. on what basis would they write you an 800.00 ticket... I live in Michigan and go to canada all the time.. in fact I was over there today... there's michigan plates all over!!!! what is the law or rule you're breaking by riding the bike with a US plate

thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the thing is, i didnt have time to get my plates, in alabama you have a 10 day grace period.. i sorta had to get out of the country real quick like,(came home to have the house surrounded by about 20 state troopers.. )so i basiclly rode by the house and into canada.
anyway, 400.00 + fees for no plates, then theres towing, you have to pay for the storage of your bike (they seize it for 30 days) .
still no title in the mail today.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I don't think Rick will be sending any faxes or emails to the Governor of any state. Not if he likes his freedom.
i sorta had to get out of the country real quick like,(came home to have the house surrounded by about 20 state troopers.. )so i basiclly rode by the house and into canada.
What the heck did you do to warrant that kind of attention and do you think that's part of the reason you aren't getting any titles from Alabama?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i guess its a big missunderstanding.. cough, cough, but thats why i didnt register the plates, figuring its 2 different gov. dept. i spoke to transport dept. they said they mailed it to, umm my temp. adress. in canada. so i know its on its way, it takes about 10 days in the mail.
let me tell you something though, id rather have my lawyer take care of this and spending my days chilling than trying to do it there behind bars.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
RICK DANGERS said:
i guess its a big missunderstanding.. cough, cough, but thats why i didnt register the plates, figuring its 2 different gov. dept. i spoke to transport dept. they said they mailed it to, umm my temp. adress. in canada. so i know its on its way, it takes about 10 days in the mail.
let me tell you something though, id rather have my lawyer take care of this and spending my days chilling than trying to do it there behind bars.
A REAL LIVE DESPERADO! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts