Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the pass peg relo's. They look really bad. If I reverse the pegs left and right it will give me what I need without the relo's but the left side hits the belt gaurd. Do any of you guys know of an aftermarket upper belt gaurd that is not as bulky as stock or of a way to notch out the stock one and still look good. If I can get that left peg to clear I'm in business. This way would look much better than the relo's hanging off the side of the bike.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Which relos? I ordered the Ratcheted ones from ChopperSteve, because the Kuraykin ones didn't look right. There is a thread somewhere (on the V-Twin site?) showing that you can cut the angled leg off the bracket to clear the belt when reversed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the Kuraykin ones from Chopper Steve at V-mod.com.
What V-Twin site.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
RIZOMA"Spelling?" or just notch it like everyone else has!:whack:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will check out that Razoma but that picture is exactly what I'm looking for. Is that a stock gaurd modded or a different one. If its been cut you can't even tell.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Completely different. It also has a patch of polished wire mesh in it. It is different, and currently the only other aftermarket item available to my knowledge.

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
V-Fred (I think) noted that if located there, it may interfere with your legs when stopped. I will have the retcheted relocaters mounted next week and will post pics. Remember that when the standard attachments are reversed, the pegs fold forward, not back!

·
1,738 Posts
I only surmise that the passanger's feet would get in the way. With pegs it might not be a major problem depending on how your passenger places their feet on the pegs. I am more concerned about clearing the exhaust and the exhaust's effect on foot position on the right side. Note the exhaust on the Road Rod is much lower than stock.

With the Kuryakyn Passenger Boards Daniii and I have, and our 16 guage SE pipes the right board would have to be parallel to the pipe and a tight fit. Ideally they should be tilted up in front.

·
1,738 Posts
Daniii: I look forward to your pics and opinion of the ratchet extensions and with the passenger floorboards. Combined with the Cyclevisions swingarm mount they might work (Our 16 Guage SE's would most likely make an extension necessary). I am afraid that the Kuryakyn would be way too far out (can you send them back?) However, do you really want to spend another $250.00. You could almost buy the wife a used Metric Crusier for what you would have in the passenger peg relocation. Hope that the rachets work on the stock mounts.
Fred

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.