Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy a used Gils box. Its off an 2004. I called to see if it would work on a 2007. They said NO. Does anybody know why it will not work? Also was wondering if it could be updated?:banghead:

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
I had the same situation a couple of years ago where I got a Gils Box setup for Reinharts 2+2 exhaust and I was running V Mods. I called Gil and although I can't exactly remember his answer, I believe it would have been cheaper for me to buy a new one. I think he burns data into the electronic circuits. Still have this one sitting here collecting dust.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Sorry Joe, but I believe that the Gils Box only has so much adjustment in it after Gil does his stuff to it. Give him a call . Tell him that you are good friends of Super Whats His Name .. :deal: :D :angeldev: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
I bought a used Gils Box off a list member (can't remember what bike he had it on but it is the newer tyoe with the extra tuning pot.

Got terrible gas mileage, after installing it on my '07 DX.

Called Gil, he suggested some mods to settings. They worked out great Gil was very helpfull. And yes he is a friend of that bornagain member.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
laconia76 said:
I bought a used Gils Box off a list member (can't remember what bike he had it on but it is the newer tyoe with the extra tuning pot.

Got terrible gas mileage, after installing it on my '07 DX.

Called Gil, he suggested some mods to settings. They worked out great Gil was very helpfull. And yes he is a friend of that bornagain member.
Any contact number?

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Joe, if I remember right the older Gil's box was not compatible with the 2006 and up ECM's. The new ones can control a nitrous solenoid if you ask him to set it up.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dale this is for a guy at works stocker. I just wanna put Lonnies gils box and jug huggers on it.
I called at 430p est. and it rang and rang. No answer. Thay must take fri. off!

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Dale this is for a guy at works stocker. I just wanna put Lonnies gils box and jug huggers on it.
Give Gil a call and check but I don't think it will work on a 2006 or later.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
For 2005 and newer ECM's the box needs to use what Dobeck calls "stealth mode". I think what happens is Delphi changed the biasing circuit on the injector leads. You need to use an induction circuit to isolate the box or you screw up the resistance of the circuit, the ECM throws a code and the injectors stop working.

It's the same issue for TFI's and even Harley Race Fuelers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts